Geraci's Restaurant Chicken Marsala Recipe
Geraci's is an Italian restaurant located in University Heights Ohio. They have been in existence for approximately fifty years, and continue to have a wonderful reputation for homemade Italian food. This hub contains the original Geraci's Restaurant Chicken Marsala recipe. If you visit Ohio you can order it from their menu, or make it at home and save yourself a trip. Its super easy to make, and the butter Marsala wine sauce is so delicious.
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Portabella sliced mushrooms
- 4 ounces Butter, (more as needed)
- Flour for dredging
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 8 Ounces Chicken cutlets
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil, (More as needed)
- Get out your plastic wrap and lay a big piece on the counter. Lay about 4 chicken cutlets on top of the plastic wrap. Cover the top of the chicken breasts with another piece of plastic wrap.
- Use your meat pounder and start to pound the chicken till it is thin. Set aside, and continue the steps with all your chicken tenders
- Place some flour in a biz zip lock bag. Place your pounded chicken in the bag and coat well with the flour.
- Add your butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat on the stove. Heat till it sizzles. Don't let it burn and get brown. Take your chicken out of the bag- and lightly shake. Add your chicken to the hot pan. We want to lightly brown the chicken on both sides. Do this with all of your chicken, placing the browned chicken pieces aside on a plate. Add more butter or olive oil as needed.
- When all of your chicken is on the plate place it in the oven to just keep it warm. Add your mushrooms to the pan on the stove. Sauté these briefly and then add the garlic. Add the Marsala wine and simmer for about 3 minutes. Continue to stir. Add your beef broth and simmer till it is heated and semi boiling.
- In a small separate bowl add your cornstarch. Add a little water to the cornstarch till you are able to stir it. I would say about 3 Tablespoons of water. Add your cornstarch to your pan on the stove and stir as you are pouring it in the pan. You don't want lumpy sauce.
- Re add your cooked chicken to the pan. Coat the chicken and simmer till the sauce is mixed well with the butter Marsala sauce, and the chicken is cooked thru. This do-sent take long
- Serve on a plate. Top your chicken with the Marsala sauce. This is good with mashed potatoes because the sauce is so delicious.
How to pound chicken
More by this Author
A very good friend of mine absolutely loves these Fried Mac and Cheese Balls from the Cheesecake factory. I thought I would get this recipe to pass on to her and make them one night for dinner for my family. These are...
Real Lobster and Crab Bisque soup made from cream, and homemade shellfish stock. Its sure to make your mouth water and beg for more.
This is the original recipe for the Olive Gardens Lasagna Fritta.It is so delicious! It is Parmesan-breaded lasagna pieces, fried and served over Alfredo sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. You cant...