German Potato Soup Recipe - Cooking German Recipes with a Power Pressure Cooker
Rate this Potato Soup Recipe
Cooking Potato Soup in 30 minutes
The electric power pressure cooker is making my life easier in the kitchen. I can prepare a nutritious soup in less than 30 minutes and the pressure cooker seals in all the vitamins and nutrients.
I enjoy homemade soup on those cold winter nights, and I hope your family will enjoy this recipe.
This recipe is from my Mother Johanna (Oma) Blanchette.
Photos of German Potato SoupClick thumbnail to view full-size
Cook Time for Potato Soup
Recipe for Potato Soup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 large potatos, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp marjoram, chopped
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp Maggie
- 2 Tbs margine
- 2 Tbs flour
- 4 to 5 cups water
Cooking instructions for Potato Soup
- Place, celery, onions, carrots, potatoes, beef bouillon cubes, parsley, marjoram in the electric power pressure cooker. Cover vegetables with 4 to 5 cups of water.
- Set the power pressure cooker to chicken/meat. Bring to a boil.
- Place lid on power pressure cooker, and set to soup/stew. Set the timer to 15 minutes.
- Cook raw bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Make a Roux to thicken soup. Place two tablespoons of margarine in skillet, slowly add two Tbsp of flour to the skillet and brown, add water from the soup mixture to create a Roux.
- Mash the potatoes and vegetables to cream the soup. Add the Roux to the soup mixture, and crumbled bacon, sprinkle about a tsp of Maggie into the soup mixture. Set the power pressure cooker to chicken/meat bring to a second boil. Press the keep warm button on the power pressure cooker and serve.
- Suggestions: Serve with a slice of German Bavarian bread or grilled cheese sandwiches, salt & pepper, and maggie to your taste.
Here is another great Potato Soup Recipe
- Recipe Creamy Potato Bacon Soup Like Tim Hortons
Recipe for potato bacon soup that is just like Tim Hortons or even better. Easy and fast to make.
Power Pressure Cooker
Safety Tips when cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker
Here are a few safety tips to keep in mind when using the power pressure cooker.
While the Electric Power Pressure Cooker is safer than your Grandmother's stove top pressure cooker there are a few things to keep in mind.
Even though there are several safety features built in to your pressure cooker. I strongly recommend that you read your owners manual to The Electric Power Pressure Cooker XL and Rice cookers.
1). Do not let children near the pressure cooker during the cooking process.
2). When using the power pressure cooker place the cooker in a location in your kitchen that will allow the steam to vent away from people, appliances, cabinets, windows or any other item that can be damaged from releasing the steam.
3). NEVER fill the pressure cooker above the MAX fill line.
4). Keep hands away from vent value.
5). Unlike stove top pressure cookers the vent value will not rock and spray steam. The Electric power pressure cooker will hold all the steam inside the pot. If steam is in fact escaping during the cooking process the value is not in the proper position. Using an oven mitt - Carefully adjust vent value until steam is no longer spraying from the the lid.
6). The power pressure cooker has several built in safety features.
- LID SAFETY LOCK
- PRESSURE & TEMPERATURE SENSOR CONTROLS - To maintain even heat and pressure by automatically activating or deactivating the power supply.
- BACK-UP SAFETY RELEASE VALVE - If the temperature and pressure sensor malfunctions and the pressure builds beyond the maximum --the the back up will kick in and release the pressure.
- CLOG RESISTANT FEATURE - This prevents food from blocking the steam release port. Be sure so clean the port after each use.
- SPRING-LOADED SAFETY PRESSURE RELEASE - Should all safety features listed above fail, this “spring-loaded” device located beneath the heating element will automatically lower the INNER POT, causing it to separate automatically from the RUBBER GASKET This will enable the steam and pressure to automatically escape around the pot LID, avoiding a dangerous situation.
- TEMPERATURE CUT-OFF DEVICE - Should the unit malfunction and cause the internal temperature to rise beyond the “Safe” limit, this device will cut-off the power supply and will not automatically reset.
IMPORTANT: Always remove the Pressure Release Valve and clean the opening with pin to remove any blockage that might have occurred during the cooking process.
© 2015 Brigitte Thompson
More by this Author
Rouladen German Beef Recipe cooks in less than 30 minutes. Tender Rouladen every time with the electric power pressure cooker XL. Seals in all the nutrients
- 0Beef Chili & Rice - Cooking with the Electric Pressure Cooker & Electric Rice Cooker - Meals in less than 30 minutes
Making Beef Chili & Rice with an Electric Pressure Cooker seals in the flavor and vitamins - Cooking Chili & Rice in half the time - Kitchen gadgets like the electric pressure cooker is a must have.
- 3Things to do at Lake Belton Temple TX Marinas |Boating | Camping | Fishing | Hiking Trails | RV | BLORA | TX Lakes
Lake Belton TX - Public boat ramp and campground information. Great place for the family to enjoy boating, fishing, camping, swimming, horseback riding & more. TX Lakes at it's best.