German Potato Soup Recipe - Cooking with an Electric Power Pressure Cooker German Recipes
Rate this Potato Soup Recipe
Cooking Potato Soup in 30 minutes
The electric power pressure cooker is making my life easier in the kitchen. I can prepare a nutritious soup in less than 30 minutes and the pressure cooker seals in all the vitamins and nutrients.
I enjoy homemade soup on those cold winter nights, and I hope your family will enjoy this recipe.
This recipe is from my Mother Johanna (Oma) Blanchette.
Photos of German Potato SoupClick thumbnail to view full-size
Cook Time for Potato Soup
Recipe for Potato Soup
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 large potatos, chopped
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp marjoram, chopped
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tsp Maggie
- 2 Tbs margine
- 2 Tbs flour
- 4 to 5 cups water
Cooking instructions for Potato Soup
- Place, celery, onions, carrots, potatoes, beef bouillon cubes, parsley, marjoram in the electric power pressure cooker. Cover vegetables with 4 to 5 cups of water.
- Set the power pressure cooker to chicken/meat. Bring to a boil.
- Place lid on power pressure cooker, and set to soup/stew. Set the timer to 15 minutes.
- Cook raw bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Make a Roux to thicken soup. Place two tablespoons of margarine in skillet, slowly add two Tbsp of flour to the skillet and brown, add water from the soup mixture to create a Roux.
- Mash the potatoes and vegetables to cream the soup. Add the Roux to the soup mixture, and crumbled bacon, sprinkle about a tsp of Maggie into the soup mixture. Set the power pressure cooker to chicken/meat bring to a second boil. Press the keep warm button on the power pressure cooker and serve.
- Suggestions: Serve with a slice of German Bavarian bread or grilled cheese sandwiches, salt & pepper, and maggie to your taste.
About the Author
Brigitte Thompson is a Texas Realtor with Austin Texan Realty who enjoys blogging about her community and her favorite recipes.
Safety Tips when cooking with the Electric Power Pressure Cooker
- Always make sure the lid is locked
- Switch the release valve to to closed
- When the cooker is done, use a potholder or tongs to switch the release valve to open
- Keep hands and face away from the steam as it releases
- Unplug the cooker when done
Power Pressure Cooker
More by this Author
Avery Ranch Main Amenities and MAC Pool Center located in Avery Ranch, Cedar Park Texas. Park location and information, photos and video, tennis courts, Volleyball Courts, Playgrounds, Bike & Hike
- 3Things to do at Lake Belton Temple TX Marinas |Boating | Camping | Fishing | Hiking Trails | RV | BLORA | TX Lakes
Lake Belton TX - Public boat ramp and campground information. Great place for the family to enjoy boating, fishing, camping, swimming, horseback riding & more. TX Lakes at it's best.
BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, reviews for cooking with the power pressure cooker XL, meals in less than 30 minutes
No comments yet.