Ginataang Kalabasa (Squash Cooked in Coconut Milk)
- 1 kilo squash, cut into cubes (1"x1")
- 1/4 kilo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 pieces tomatoes, diced
- 2 pieces onions, chopped
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, crushed and minced
- 4 tablespoons cooking or olive oil
- 2 pieces long chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons shrimp paste (bagoong)
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cups coconut cream (katang gata)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (patis)
- parsely for garnishing
- On a big pan, heal oil. Sauté garlic, onions until light brown then add ginger, cook until onions become translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, squash, chicken stock, shrimp paste and the coconut milk. Let boil then simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the liquid has reduced and the squash becomes tender.
- Add the coconut cream, long chili peppers and the shrimps. Bring again to a boil and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot with plain rice.
- Ginataang Kalabasa Cooking Tip: This ginataan recipe can be used on any vegetable, combination of vegetables, fish or meat.
More by this Author
No comments yet.