Ginger Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
Rate this recipe please!
This recipe has a good kick from the ginger and ground black pepper. It is a cinch to make, and it is so tasty. There are different flavors and textures that make this a very appetizing dish. Fresh ground gingerroot is the key.
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 TBSP corn starch
- 1 TBSP dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 2 lb top sirloin, sliced in thin strips
- 1 onion, sliced in thin strips
- 2 heads broccoli
- 2 tsp fresh ground gingerroot
- Combine soy sauce, lemon juice, cornstarch, brown sugar, garlic, and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Using a wok or deep skillet, heat 1 TBSP of vegetable oil over medium-hight heat. Stir-fry the beed strips until ALMOST cooked through, leave a little pink--this is about 2 minutes of cook time. Transfer beef to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining vegetable oil to the wok or skillet; stir-fry the onion strips for about 5 minutes. Cut broccoli heads down to florets (about 4 cups) and add to the onions. Pour in 1/2 cup of water, cover, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add your beef strips and pour the soy sauce mixture over the stir-fry. Add the gingerroot. Bring to a boil and stir constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Serve hot over thin egg noodles or rice.
More by this Author
You don't always have to tile, carpet, or hardwood your floors. The new thing is to just stain the concrete that's already there. It's a lot of work, but if done properly, your home will look gorgeous. If you're...
You may refer to a truss as the rafter, but it's basically the skeleton of the roof, carrying the weight of the frame and supporting the walls of the building. Trusses are very important to preventing the walls from...
Until this year, the only time that I've had mice or rats in the house were when my daughter had pet mice and rats, and one of those times we did have one loose in the house. (Science fair project got loose.) Anyway,...
No comments yet.