Ginger Carrot Soup
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup gluten free beer
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 1/4 cup honey, adjust as needed
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- Make a roux by melting the oil in a small sauce pot, add the flour slowly to make a paste.
- Remove the sauce pot from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot, add the carrots along with the stock, salt, beer, honey, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer until carrots are soft.
- Then puree the carrots and stock in a food processor until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and roux to the processor to combine everything.
- Retun everything to the large pot and cook over medium until soup thickens slightly.
More by this Author
Meatless dumplings for those who love Chinese takeout pot stickers but want to avoid eating meat. Confession: I love steamed dumplings more than pretty much any other kind of food!
Warm and delicious, this creamy soup is perfect for cool weather and holiday cravings!
These pizza eggrolls are a light and crunchy snack, that when paired with a side salad make a great entrée.
No comments yet.