How to make Delicious Gluten Free Cookies, Recipes
If you have to follow a gluten free diet because you have been diagnosed as Celiac (Coeliac), or have a gluten intolerance, here are my favourite Delicious Gluten Free Cookies Recipes with two alternative variations. The main recipe panel is for gluten free coconut cookies and at the bottom of the page, you will find how to adapt the recipe for Almond Gluten Free Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies. They taste so good, they will be enjoyed by all the family!
These delicious, crisp cookies keep well like biscuits, in an airtight tin for a couple of days (if you can resist eating them that is), or you can make a double batch and freeze some in an airtight container for a month or so. If you freeze them, allow them to defrost on a wire rack before serving. This quantity makes about 28 large cookies.
Note: Please follow either ounces or cups or grams.
Delicious crisp cookies, perfect for dunking!
Ingredients for my Delicious Gluten Free Coconut Cookies
4oz (120g) (0.5 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature (not too hard, not too soft)
8oz (250g) (1 cup) caster sugar (unrefined gives a nicer flavour I think)
2 large free range eggs very well beaten (until a thick, smooth cream)
5 oz (150g) (0.6 cup) dessicated coconut (keep about 3 tablespoons to one side for coating the outside of the biscuits)
10 oz (300g) (1.25 cup) gluten free plain flour (in UK, I use Dove’s Farm Flour, I have found it to be the best)
Some glace cherries halved, one half for each cookie.
To Bake your gluten free cookies
Baking Sheets with a sheet of baking parchment on each
Oven temperature 180° (170° for fan ovens) or Gas Mark 4
1. Beat the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl until smooth
2. Add the beaten egg slowly, mixing all the time
3. Add the coconut to the mixture (reserving some as mentioned above)
4. Add the flour to the mixture and mix well
5. Leave everything to rest in a cool place for about 10 minutes
6. Place your reserved coconut on a plate and spread it out
7. Spoon out you gluten free cookies mixture in quantities of about 1 oz (30g), the mixture is quite sticky so place the spoonful on your plate of coconut and roll it into a ball. Lift the ball of cookie mixture onto your baking sheet and press down to flatten to about 2” (5 cm) in diameter and press a halved cherry onto the top. Go on with this process, leaving a space between cookies as they spread on the baking tray.
8. Bake the biscuits in the oven for 15-18 minutes, until they are golden. Check half way through in case they are not cooking evenly as you may need to turn the trays or swap the top shelf tray for the lower shelf one.
9. This quantity of cookies may need to be baked in two batches.
10. When cooked, remove the baking sheets from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes on the tray and then slide them onto wire racks to cool completely before putting away
Try my other delicious gluten free recipes
- Delicious Gluten Free Desserts Raspberry Cheesecake
Includes variations for Blueberry, Strawberry and Fudge Cheesecake
- How to make delicious Gluten Free Scones
My Recipe on HubPages for delicious Gluten Free Scones - light, crisp and delicious! Includes variations for fruit and cheese scones
Delicious Almond & Coconut Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies
Almond & Coconut Cookies.
Replace 1oz or 30g of the flour with 50g of ground almonds
Chocolate chip and coconut cookies.
These are the best chocolate chip cookies I have tasted, gluten free, or not! Add 2oz or 60g of chocolate chips to the mixture after adding the flour, stir through well OR, press these into the tops of the cookies instead of topping with the cherry. You can make white chocolate chip cookies too!
Gluten Free Cookies Video Recipe
Great Gluten Free Cookbooks
1. If you have more time, leave the mixture covered with cling film in the fridge for about an hour before portioning out your cookies. The dough is less sticky if you leave it a while.
2. If you put your mixing bowl back on the scales with all the mixture in it, you can take your spoonfuls of mixture out and check that you have only taken out an ounce – this helps to keep the cookies an even size.
Other Gluten Free Recipes you might like to try
Why not join HubPages?
- Join HubPages here!
If you love to write, why not join HubPages for FREE as a HubPages author and earn from your writing. Find out how by using the link.
Did you enjoy this article on gluten free cookies?
If you liked this article on making delicious gluten free cookies, please help me to publicise it by sharing - just click the Tweet and Like Buttons at the top of this page, just under the title.
I would love to hear from you with any hints, tips, suggestions or comments, you can leave a note below in the comments section - I always reply to all comments.
More by this Author
Delicious gluten free dessert recipe for raspberry cheesecake - perfect for gluten free diet, coeliacs. Variations for blueberry and fudge gluten free cheese cake.
My own delicious gluten free scones recipe, try the cheese or fruit variations or make a delicious g-free 'cobbler' topping for savory pies.
A doggy diaper can help with house training, females in heat, incontinent older dogs and other short term situations. This is what you need to consider when buying dog diapers