Gluten Free Breading
GF Breading Blend for all your Frying occasions!
Finally, gluten free and dairy free fried foods, where the batter stays put and tastes great!!! Take the recipe base, and follow my specifics for flavor, or adjust it and add whatever you like, the only limit is what YOU want!
Ingredients (* means optional followed by what its good for)
- 1 Cup Bob's Red Mill GF All Purpose flour
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1-2 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Xanthum Gum, DO NOT SKIP ME
- 2-3 large eggs, whipped well
- 1/2 tsp garlic, onion, oregano, basil, for chicken
- 1/2 tsp paprika or chili powder, for chicken
- pinch tumeric, for chicken
- your preference you can add your own preference of flavors
- 1 tbsp Italian herb blend, for squash
- 1-2 tsp dried parsley and or sage, onion rings (slice to preference, I prefer thin)
- 1 cup Fine Grated Parmesan Cheese, optional
- Heat Oil,(I prefer peanut) add a scoop or two of saved back Bacon or sausage grease for extra flavor!
- Mix first 4 ingredients, plus what herbs and spices you want. In a separate bowl, whip eggs.
- Coat item in egg wash, then coat with breading. Lay out on a rack to dry (IMPORTANT STEP; DO NOT SKIP)
- 5-10 minutes later, carefully add items to hot oil. Squash and onion rings, cooking takes 4-5 minutes, flip them halfway thru time. Chicken 8-12 minutes depending on size of chicken, when chicken floats, it is usually done, test largest piece. Squash is best very very fresh, do not try to cook ahead of time!
No comments yet.