Homemade Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies
Whether you're on a gluten-free diet because of a gluten allergy or because you are just health conscious, you don't have to sacrifice the chocolatey goodness of the occasional brownie.
You can make these easy fudge brownies at home whenever you like without any complicated ingredients. All you need are nine basic ingredients.
They are moist with a rich flavor. They're so delicious that you'll forget any brownie you've had in the past.
Well, you may not forget mom's brownies from your childhood, but these will be a nice alternative to mom. You just may be surprised as to how fast these disappear from the pan.
They're perfect with a scoop of ice cream or with your favorite topping - caramel, nuts, whipped cream or strawberries. Or you can enjoy the rich, fudgey flavor by itself right out of the oven.
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease an 8" x 8" baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond flour, salt and cocoa powder.
- Put chocolate and coconut oil in a large microwaveable bowl for about 30 seconds. Stir and repeat until chocolate is smooth.
- Add coconut sugar to melted chocolate. Whisk until completely combined.
- Add eggs to the chocolate mix and whisk until completely mixed. Add vanilla and stir. * Do not over beat the batter at this stage or the brownies will have a cake-like consistency.*
- Sprinkle the flower mix over the chocolate mix, and using a rubber spatula, gently fold the flower mix into the chocolate until just a little bit of the flour is still visible.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 28-32 minutes. The edges of the brownie will start to pull away from the pan, and when you stick a toothpick into the center, moist crumbs will stick to the toothpick. * DO NOT over bake.*
- Cool the brownies completely and cut into equal squares and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to one week. Freeze for up to three months.
- For a super rich brownie, use 72% chocolate bars.
- For a slightly sweeter brownie, use 60% chocolate.
More by this Author
Quickly make dairy-free fudge that everyone will love. This 10 minute fudge recipe can be enjoyed plain or enhanced with your favorite toppings.
Make homemade gluten free cupcakes or a cake with this tastey white birthday cake recipe. You'll find it's not only fluffy but flavorful.
Learn some of the signs of infected belly-button piercings and what to do about them.