Gluten Free White Birthday Cake
Birthdays are supposed to be fun and celebratory. You want balloons, clowns, games and good cake!
The cake is the life of the party. It doesn't have to be super fancy or super big. Shoot. You can have a few dozen cupcakes so every party goer has their own mini cake.
Your hesitation may if you need a gluten free cake. Well, it shouldn't be, and you shouldn't search for days for the perfect gluten free cake recipe. The following cake recipe is fluffy, light and full of flavor. It will definitely be the light of the party once the first bite is taken.
This recipe is so good that you won't need to make two - gluten free and with gluten. No one will know that this recipe lacks gluten.
So, give it a try. Rate it. Leave a comment on how you and your party guests felt about the cake.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2-2/3 Cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1-2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Salted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 8 Egg Whites
- 1-1/4 Cups Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Gluten Free Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease and flour cake pans.
- Beat coconut flour, all purpose gluten free flower, sugar, baking powder and salt on low for a minute to fluff the mixture.
- Add the butter and oil to the mixture and continue mixing for another minute or until all ingredients are fully mixed.
- Add the egg whites, one at a time, beating the mix after each eff.
- Slowly add the milk and vanilla. Beat the mixture on high for two minutes. The batter should be thick and fluffy.
- Pour the batter into the pans.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
This recipe will make three 8-inch cake pans, two 9-inch pans, one 9x13-inch pan or a few dozen cupcakes.
Gluten Free Buttercream Icing
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Pound Butter, Slightly Softened (approximately 1 cup or 2 sticks)
- Food Coloring (optional)
- Combine the sugar, milk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Cut the butter into chunks and beat in a handful at a time. Continue to beat the mixture at high speed for at least five minutes or until thoroughly mixed and the frosting is fluffy.
- Add the food coloring, one drop at a time, until desired color is reached.
More by this Author
Quickly make dairy-free fudge that everyone will love. This 10 minute fudge recipe can be enjoyed plain or enhanced with your favorite toppings.
Don't give up fudge brownies just because you're gluten-free. These homemade brownies are moist, fudgey AND gluten free.
An awesome-looking tattoo can unfortunately turn into a big infected mess. Read on to learn the symptoms of infection and how to treat it.
No comments yet.