Recipes: Gluten Free and Casein Free Southern Fried Chicken Breast Recipe
Tasty Southern Fried Chicken, Fresh and Tasty!
This is a tasty recipe for southern fried chicken. It is gluten and casein free and is delicious.
Want to know what to do with all that stale gluten and casein free bread? It’s is no good for sandwiches, so why not breadcrumb it and freeze it? This is really handy if you want to make some lovely coatings for meat and fish.
In this recipe, I will demonstrate how you can use these breadcrumbs for a mock southern fried chicken coating – gluten and casein free, of course! The good thing about this recipe, you can cook a batch of chicken breast, freeze and then oven bake for convenience. Always, of course, making sure the breast is piping hot before serving.
- 8oz = 1 Cup
- Tsp = Teaspoon
- Tbsp = Tablespoon
What do you need?
- 4 chicken breasts, considering 1 breast is one portion.
- Enough gluten and Casein Free breadcrumbs to cover chicken.
- 1 tsp Gluten free and casein free onion powder
- ½ tsp Gluten free and casein free garlic powder
- 1 level tsp Gluten free and casein free chilli flakes, ground
- Large pinch of Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Beaten large eggs.
- Frying pan with sunflower oil
To the beaten eggs add onion powder, garlic powder, ground chilli flakes and large pinch of salt and pepper. Beat the ingredients.
With the gluten free and casein free breadcrumbs, have them in a bowl ready for dipping the chicken. Have the pan ready on medium heat with enough sunflower oil layered to a quarter inch to the bottom surface. Check heat by adding a breadcrumb to see that it fries well.
Take the chicken breast and generously dip in the egg mixture. Quickly transfer to the breadcrumbs. Generously coat and quickly transfer to the pan. Repeat the process for the other pieces of breast. Cook until flesh is white and keep turning and moving the fillets in the oil. Add more oil if needed for the next batch of fillets.
Either serve straight away whilst piping hot or leave on a rack to drain and cool. After the chicken is cold, wrap and transfer to the freezer. You can use these up to 3 months frozen from the initial cooking. When needed, bake from frozen in a pre-heated medium/hot heat oven for 25 – 30 minutes. Always check for the fillet to be piping hot before serving.
The fillet can be eaten with fries or used as a chicken burger substitute in a gluten free, casein free bagel served with a bed of delicious salad and gluten free and caseine free mayonnaise. Delicious!
Variations to this recipe
- Cut the fillets into strips and cook the same way. You now have goujons or southern fried strips.
- Change the seasoning to breaded garlic chicken fillets or strips. Just crush some garlic with salt and pepper – omitting the chilli, onion and garlic powder – yum!
- Just want it plain? Well omit all the seasoning except for the salt and pepper. Now you have just plain breaded chicken. You can use this idea for breaded white fish too!
- What about chilli pepper garlic chicken? Use fresh chilli’s and crushed garlic if you want it hot, hot, hot! Great with rice and dips.
Did you find this article informative?See results without voting
If you liked this, you might like these....
Click here for gluten and casein free bread and butter pudding.
Click Here... Recipe For Vegan Gluten Free Casein Free Spicy Bean Soup
If you Liked This... Give Me a Thumbs Up Below!
Just Click on the Green Oval. Rate It 'UP'!! Spread the LOOOOVE!
More by this Author
35 funny quotes - boy, have we a treat for you! Humorous quotes and funny sayings about life, death, health and wealth can bring about a moment of joy into your life. So, why not check these out and have a laugh!
- 42Best Aspergers Guide For Women And Girls With Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers Syndrome In Females
Undiagnosed Asperger's Girls and Undiagnosed Asperger's women are the lost generation. In the past women and girls have been undiagnosed and mis-diagnosed in the field of autism. The term autism spectrum disorder...
It is true - you can heal yourself! Energy healing is not something that has to come through another - you have the ability to do it yourself! Healers channel the energies - we are all healers.