Crispy Goat Cheese with Spinach Salad
Basalmic Vinaigrette is the Best Dressing for Spinach Salad
Recipes With Goat Cheese
- Goat Cheese Log with Pink Peppercorns Recipe
Impress your friends and family with goat cheese and pink peppercorns. Spicey and fruity, this delectable mixture will satisfy any palate.
Spinach Salad Topped with Goat Cheese
If you've never tasted goat cheese before, you are truly missing out. This creamy, smooth, and soft cheese is incredibly versatile. It tastes wonderful cut in slices and dribbled with a mixture of olive oil, garlic, and herbs. Serve it with your favorite chips or sliced zucchini.
If you like that, you will completely flip over the goat cheese patties that can be eaten alone or with a simple spinach salad. This is one food that I crave consistently and have never tired of. It also leaves you feeling energized and with a satisfied palate.
These goat cheese patties can be made smaller and served as an appetizer (shown in picture at bottom of page). These were a big hit when I served them this way at a house party - everyone wanted to know what they were. If you are making the larger patties, as pictured above with the salad, it can be served as a meal.
Ingredients for Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 bottle balsamic vinaigrette, using 8 tablespoons
- 1 bag or container fresh baby spinach, 5 ounces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 large tomato or container of grape/cherry tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
Instructions for Spinach Salad Recipe with Goat Cheese
- Remove goat cheese from wrap; you may want to use scissors to cut the wrapping free. Place cheese on cutting board with a couple of tablespoons of flour.
- Mash and coat goat cheese with the flour until it is no longer sticky to the touch. You do not need to roll it. Break into small golfball-size pieces.
- Make the pieces into balls and then shape into patties. Set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in frying pan on low heat. While butter is melting, crack the egg into a small bowl with 2 tablespoons of milk. Mix with whisk. Place 1/2 cup flour into another bowl.
- Now it is time to create a small assembly line, with patties, flour, egg mixture, and frying pan ready to use, in that order.
- Take a patty and dip it into the flour, coating it well. Now dip it into the egg mixture and coat it well again. Lastly, recoat the patty with the flour. (I find it easier to use a fork under the patty when moving it from bowl to bowl.) Place it in the pan.
- Repeat step 6 with remaining patties. Once all of them are in the pan, turn the heat to medium high. Allow to cook for 3 minutes. Flip to the other side and cook for 3 more minutes. (I've found the higher heat cooks them faster, preventing them from melting into the pan.)
- While the goat cheese is cooking, prepare plates by filling with spinach leaves. Slice tomatoes into bite-size pieces (cherry or grape tomatoes are great too, cut in halves). Have balsamic vinaigrette ready.
- When goat cheese is crispy, immediately place on top of spinach. Scatter tomatoes on top, and drizzle plenty of balsamic vinaigrette over it all. Enjoy!
Other Ideas for Ways to Serve Goat Cheese Patties
- Serve in small bite size portions over salad, mimicking croutons.
- Serve bite-size patties with balsamic vinaigrette as a dip (shown above).
- Place small cheese patties on leaves of spinach, topped with half a grape tomato, served on a large plate.
- Roll patties and thin slices of tomato in spinach leaves, secure with toothpick.
- Toast pinenuts and add them to any of the ideas above. Yummy!
One serving (plate)
|Serving size: 3 patties with salad|
|Calories from Fat||288|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 32 g||49%|
|Saturated fat 18 g||90%|
|Unsaturated fat 7 g|
|Carbohydrates 6 g||2%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Fiber 2 g||8%|
|Protein 22 g||44%|
|Cholesterol 105 mg||35%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
House-Grilled Eggplant Paninis are amazingly easy to make and incredibly delicious. Impress your friends and family with this wonderfully aromatic and flavorful appetizer or meal.
Cheese souffle is a light and decadent dish. It will make a wonderful brunch or main dish for lunch or dinner. It is easily accompanied by fruit as a side dish. Try this perfect recipe for cheese souffle.
If you are trying to get a tan using an indoor tanning facility, there are several things you can do to achieve a beautiful bronze tan.