Easy Ground Venison Goulash with Fresh Tomatoes, Onion, and Green Pepper
Classic American Style Goulash is a Real Down-Home Comfort
American-style goulash is a delicious hodgepodge of seasoned ground meat, tomatoes, and macaroni. This recipe uses a crock pot to blend these flavors into a mouth-watering dish using ground venison, but a large pot on the stove and ground beef could be used in substitution. I find the use of cumin helps cut down the "gamey" taste venison meat, and use it in almost all my venison recipes. If you use beef, you won't need cumin for this recipe.
Prepare the dish around lunch time and have a hot meal ready by dinner - and all throughout the evening. Serving this dish with buttery rolls makes a delicious and filling meal you, your family and guests can enjoy anytime!
For a "soupier" goulash with more tomato flavor, use only 1 cup of macaroni noodles. Add the noodles to the crock pot 20 minutes before serving.
Fresh Ingredients Add Unbeatable Flavor
- 1-2 lbs ground venison
- 6-8 small to medium sized tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 cups macaroni noodles
- 1 can (28oz) tomato sauce
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cumin
- ground black pepper
- In a large, non-stick skillet, break up ground venison. Sprinkle with cumin, salt, and pepper. Add diced peppers and onion, then cook on medium heat until meat is browned and cooked.
- Put contents of skillet in crock pot with diced tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add up to 1 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp ground pepper, if desired. Turn crock pot to low.
- Cook macaroni for 5-6 minutes, drain.
- Add cooked macaroni to crock pot. Simmer on low for 2-3 hours.
That's it! In 4 easy steps you have a wholesome, filling goulash ready to dish out anytime. Makes a nice meal for guests and a great dinner for families with different schedules, and the leftovers are even more delicious the next day. Enjoy the taste and aroma of this authentic down-home delight, venison goulash.
Make It, Then Rate It!
More by this Author
Cooking lake perch is a breeze with this complete and easy-to-follow recipe for breaded and fried perch fillets.
Easily make a rich and flavorful chili with this recipe using a crockpot, fresh vegetables and ground venison.
The concentrated power of essential oils meets the money-driven world of Multi-Level Marketing in a deceptive mix that puts your well-being at risk. Is it ok if eating them makes you nervous?