Gourmet Dark Chocolate Milk With Fresh Ginger and Pear
This Ain't Mama's Chocolate MIlk
Main Chocolate (cocoa) Producers Around the World
An increase in chocolate (cocoa) crops contiues to grow in Malaysia and Indonesia where the crops are considered to be a relatively new undertaking.
As expected, Brazil and Ecuador are top producers of cocoa.
NIgeria, and the not so known, Cote D'Ivoire are top cocoa producers. Ghana gives us the very best quality cocoa found anywhere on earth.
Sophisticated Chocolate Milk
Chocolate milk brings back those wonderful childhood memories we cling to as we age. Once we have become "all grown up", mama's chocolate milk may require a little tune-up. You'll still be comforted by real dark chocolate, but this chocolate milk drink gets laced with the fruity freshness of pears, fresh ginger, and coconut. The results are a simply amazing homemade chocolate milk that has the sophistication to delight your grown-up pallet, as well as your childhood memories.
Where Can I Find A Gourmet Chocolate Milk Recipe
You won't find this chocolate milk recipe on any menu, cafe', or at the food court. This one comes straight out of your home kitchen! Fresh, a little sweet, a touch of spice all collide with crisp cool ice cubes to wash over your tongue in a decadent dance of flavor and refreshment...and the mood boost from the chocolate ain't so bad either!
Gourmet Dark Chocolate and Pear Recipe
Rate Gourmet Ginger Pear Chocolate Milk
Chocolate Milk Cook Time
Ingredients (Only 5 for Gourmet Chocolate Milk)
- 1 Cup (237ml) 2% Milk
- 1.5 Ounces (about 3 Tbl or 40g) Dark Chocolate, [70% Chocolate]
- 1 Ripe Pear, [pealed, cored and chunk-cut]
- 1/4-inch slice of Ginger, [fresh and pealed]
- 2 - 3 Tablespoons (about 45ml) Coconut mIlk, [fresh coconut water is okay, but the canned coconut milk really works best]
Picture By Picture InstructionsClick thumbnail to view full-size
Instructions for Making Dark Chocolate Iced Milk
- Using a small, thick bottom pan, slowly and gently heat the milk with the chocolate until it has completely combined with the milk. [Break the chocolate up into small bits, if not using dark chocolate chips]
- Peal the slice of ginger, then peal and core the fresh ripe pear cutting it into chunks.
- Put the pear, chocolate milk, coconut milk, and the ginger slice into a blender.
- Give it a whirl until very smooth.
- Serve in a chilled glass over ice cubes. Garnish with a small pear peal, mint leaf and a few chocolate crumbles.
Turn Chocolate Milk Into a Cocktail
If you wish to turn this grown-up chocolate milk into a delicious dark chocolate alcoholic cocktail, try adding 2-ounces of coconut flavored rum at the same time you add the coconut milk. The end result is not much different than "drinking" a Mounds candy bar, but without all of that chewing! Cheers!
Why is Dark Chocolate Good For Me
The Good News About Eating Dark Chocolate
I have yet to run upon anyone who despises chocolate. If anything, we humans bustle to the foot of the chocolate god to worship its sweetness, rich flavor, and the uplifting euphoria consuming it brings. So when the realization that dark chocolate can actually be good for our health, pantry upon pantry has become stocked full with the stuff. Let's take a closer look at 4 great reasons we should be eating dark chocolate when ever possible!
4 Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate
- Antioxidants in Dark Chocolate - Antioxidants are these tiny little warriors that are found in certain foods—dark chocolate is one—and are known to attack and destroy free radicals. Free radicals are very destructive molecules that cause health issues as well as heart disease in the body.
Chocolate Can Prevent Heart-Related Illnesses
- Epicatechin and Dark Chocolate - epicatechin is a very healthy compound found in dark chocolate, and is wonderful for our bodies. A study conducted at the University of Cologne, Germany, by Dr. Dirk Taubert, MD, PhD, and a few colleagues found that those people who ate dark chocolate had a much higher level of epicatechin in their blood, which helped in reducing blood pressure, in both the top (systolic) and bottom (diastolic) readings.
- Cognitive Health and Dark Chocolate - Several compounds found in dark chocolate result in better cognitive thinking while also lifting the mood. Eating dark chocolate feels pretty much the same to the brain, as does falling in love. This is because of the chemical , which gets released when we fall in love. This mastermind chemical stimulates the brain into sending endorphins throughout the bloodstream, which is why we get that feel-good mood-lift after consuming dark chocolate; or when falling in love. phenylethylamine
- Tooth Health and Dark Chocolate - Now I know your saying how can sweets be healthy for our teeth, but hear me out. Dark chocolate contains this amazing chemical that keeps the enamel on our teeth super hard. Theobromine is known to keep tooth enamel hard, and is found in our friend, dark chocolate. If you pay regular attention to your dental health by maintaining good dental hygiene, dark chocolate can benefit you by keeping those beautifully hard pearly-whites, just that!
1.5 Ounces of Dark (70%) Chocolate
|Serving size: 1.5 ounces|
|Calories from Fat||189|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 21 g||32%|
|Saturated fat 13 g||65%|
|Carbohydrates 12 g||4%|
|Sugar 12 g|
|Fiber 5 g||20%|
|Protein 3 g||6%|
|Cholesterol 0 mg|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Where is Cocoa Produced
The best quality cocoa comes from Ghana. Plans are in the works to increase the production of cocoa by as much as three times the current output.
Nigeria grew around 160,000 tons of cocoa in the 2006 - 2007 season. Current production is measured at 1/4 less than it was 30 years ago.
In 2009 Côte D'Ivoire produced 30% of the world's chocolate. Ivorian chocolate futures get bought by Hershey's, & Nestle who help set world prices
What You Think Really Does Matter!
Do you like milk chocolate or dark chocolate?See results without voting
Unique Rum Or Vodka Cocktails
- Spicy Malibu Rum Cocktail
Malibu Rum and a spicy chilli pepper bring crisp cool heat that reaches out and socks you right in the chops! Cranberry to peppermint, this unique cocktail is made from real fruit and fresh ingredients that promises a lively good cocktail experience!
- Fresh Cucumber Mint Cocktail
Looking for that uniquely "wow" cocktail? Well look no further! A fresh squeezed cucumber mint cocktail has everything any unique vodka drink needs! Easy to make, simple ingredients, and one amazingly new mixed drink taste!
More by this Author
This rosemary ginger iced tea is just about as convenient as that store bought stuff, but far more flavorful, and abundantly more healthy. Fresh ingredients bring vitamins, minerals, and the healthy benefits of...
From taste to price, the results are in! Is Pellegrino's quality worth the high cost, or can Trader Joe's more economical sparkling mineral water stand up to the quality test? See for yourself how Pellegrino vs Trader...
The most common people foods are the most deadly to your dog. This list surprises even the most knowledgeable of dog people.