Gourmet Coffee Recipes
Great Gourmet Coffee Recipes
I love coffee, everyday I have to have my cup of Joe. No matter how I make it I just got to have it. This love of coffee is a big part of my daily life. It may be hot coffee it may be cold or frozen either way I love it. If you love coffee just as I do check out a few of these great recipes you can make at home to help save you money.
Basic Cafe Latte
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/3 cups hot freshly brewed dark roast espresso coffee
- Heat milk in a saucepan set over medium-low heat. Whisk briskly with a wire whisk to create foam. Brew espresso and pour into 4 cups. Pour in milk, holding back the foam with a spoon. Spoon foam over the top. Serves 4.
- Optional* sprinkle cinnamon, nutmeg, or powdered chocolate over the top.
Similar to~Starbucks Frappuccino
1 1/4 cups sugar
5 tsp. dry pectin
13 3/4 cups 2% milk or whole milk
10 Tbsp. Maxwell House Italian Expresso Roast Coffee your favorite coffee
5 1/2-3/4 cups water
Make three regular sized drink bottles.
1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa or Quick drink mix,
1 Tbsp. of liquid flavorings vanilla, almond, almond roca, hazelnut, raspberry, Irish creme, amount of 1 Tbsp. liquid baking flavorings such as cinnamon, praline, banana.
1. Brew the 10 Tbsp. of coffee with the 5 1/2 cups cold water.
2. Place 1/4 cup sugar in blender, 1 tsp. pectin, any flavoring or just plain coffee flavor
3. 1/2 cup of hot coffee and mix a few seconds at a low speed - if you set it too high and you get too much froth. To give the sugar a chance to dissolve take it slow and low. While the blender is running pour in slowly the cold milk.
4. Pour into three air tight containers-recycled plastic bottles work well for this.
5. Make other batches changing flavors if you like.You can make any flavor you like vanilla, coffee, hazelnut, mocha, praline, or any flavor you would like.
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup brewed espresso
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, chopped
- Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan, and whisk over high heat until hot and frothy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and sugar.
- Whisk together hot espresso and white chocolate chips in a mug until smooth.
- You can make two by simpley pouring half into another mug.
- Top with the frothy hot milk and stir to blend in the flavoring.
- Top with extra chocolate chips if you like. Serves 2 people.
Coffee Latte Vanilla or Hazlenut Shake
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee cooled
- 1 cup cold milk
- 10 ice cubes
- 1/3 pkg of instant pudding mix (chocolate or vanilla)
- Vanilla or Hazelnut creamer~to taste
- Sugar~ to taste
- 2 tbs cocoa powder optinonal
Preparation:Combine ingredients in the blender, and blend pulsating to chop ice and until ice is crushed and all ingredients are mixed well the shake will be nice and thick.
Similar to Starbucks~ Mocha Frappe
- 15-20 ice cubes
- 8 ounces extra strong coffee, chilled
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla-flavored syrup or almond syrup orraspberry flavored syrup
- whipped cream or ice cream (to Top)
- Place ice,coffee,chocolate sauce and syrup in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into large,tall glass.
- Top with whipped cream or even a scoop of ice cream.
Similar to Starbucks~Caramel Macchiato
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed espresso
- Vanilla Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces milk, steamed~ foam
- 3 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 4 small ice cubes and if you like you can add some whipped cream
- Mix 2 cups water and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a medium saucepan bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes, then add 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Add 8 ounces of steamed milk in a tall glass.
- Next pour 3 to 4 tablespoons caramel sauce to your vanilla & expresso into your glass with your water, sugar vanilla mixture.
- If you don't stir before drinking you get that great white on bottom brown on top look. Stir if you wish.
- Add ice cubes for an Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Just add ice cubes and whipped cream drizle with carmel on top if desired
- Makes 2 ~8 oz drinks
Here are a few different coffee drink descriptions to help you get some creative ideas about your next passion in your coffee drinking experience.
Milk warmed and mixed with sweetened Cocoa powder or Chocolate syrup. Top with marshmallows or a little whipped cream.
A scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream drizzle a shot of espresso over it.
An single or double shot espresso stained or marked with a large dollop of frothed milk.
espresso with a shot of Cognac added.
Ice Cream covered in espresso. 1 scoop of chocolate of vanilla ice cream, sprinkle with chocolate chips or chocolate pieces. Pour over a shot of hot espresso mixed with 1 shot of rum or brandy.
Grinding, tamping and brewing under high pressure is the ideal process in extracting coffee's maximum flavor and maximum aroma by most the of coffee experts. Pressure brewed like an espresso, but using a much larger amount of water, proportions vary, try 8 grams of coffee for a six ounce serving. A rich crema like that found on an espresso should be present. Super automatic coffee and espresso centers do the best job of producing espresso or crema coffee that are in a league all their own.
A small 1.5 oz. shot of pressure brewed Italian coffee. A cup of espresso requires between 6.5 to 7.5 grams of ground espresso coffee. Espresso is used as the coffee base in many popular coffee drinks. An espresso will have a layer of rich crema on the surface.
Cappuccino is made by combining equal parts of steamed milk, espresso and milk froth.
Espresso coffee poured into a cup of hot water.
Espresso mixed with plenty of steamed milk. Often flavored with syrup.
Espresso mixed with hot steamed chocolate milk.
More by this Author
Staph Infection left unchecked can be very Serious and even fatal. Here are a few tips on how to care for a staph infection and a brief explanation of what staph is
If nothing else I could only hope to empower & inspire those who feel hopeless to know they are not alone and there are some things you can do on your own to help.
One of the easiest ways to change a room is to change something dramatic. I love to find diy projects around the house