Simple Chicken Pie Recipe
Now, I am the world's worst cook, but this recipe for chicken pie is simply delicious and easy to make. (If I can make it, anyone can!)
This recipe comes from my mother-in-law Angela and hecen why I cann it Gran Angela's Chicken Pie. I normally make this the day after I have had roast chicken, using the left over chicken.
- Cooked chicken, roughly chopped (enough for four people, or whatever you have left over!)
- Mushrooms (about 8-10 roughly chopped)
- Small amount of oil or butter (roughly 1 dessert spoon)
- 1 onion (medium size)
- Pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour
- Half pint of milk
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise (preferably Hellman's)
- Steamed potatoes (enough for four people, roughly 10-12 medium sized)
- Peel the potatoes and put them on to steam (roughly 30-40 minutes)
- Chop the onion and mushrooms and put into a pot with a small amount of oil or butter to saute.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Blend the cornflour with a small amount of the milk in a jug, and when blended, add the rest of the milk.
- When the onions and mushrooms are beginning to get soft, add the milk and cornflour mixture.
- When brought to the boil, the sauce should thicken.
- Add the chopped chicken and 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise
- When the potatoes are cooked, mash them and add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Put the sauce and chicken mixture into an ovenproof dish and add the potatoes to the top (score with a fork).
- Put into a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes until potatoes are crispy on top.
Instead of making this a pie with potatoes on top, make the sauce and chicken in the same way but put with pasta for an alternative tasty dish.
More by this Author
This article will take you through the different countries that are crossed by the equator. There is a brief paragraph of information on each country.
Looking for some party game ideas for kids aged 10 - 14? This hub takes you through many games and themes that we have used over the years. There are some great suggestions in the comments too.
I have been involved in managing projects and portfolios of projects for over 20 years and there are a few golden rules I have learnt from all these projects that are standard across any type of project. In this hubpage...
No comments yet.