Grandma June's Recipes
June's Lemon Angel Pie
Grandma June was a great cook. She collected cookbooks and had tried a great variety of recipes. She also made many of her own concoctions! This is a sample of some of the recipes she liked to make for celebration times. In remembrance of her we celebrate and enjoy her fine art of food talents.
Grandma June's Lemon Angel Pie Recipe
Grandma June was a really good baker and liked to make sweets for her two boys Bill and Tom. This Lemon Angel Pie is so yummy!!
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup of sugar
- Beat egg whites till stiff, add cream of tarter and sugar and beat well.
- Pile into center of pie pan and spread to sides, Bake at 295 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cool and crush with fork before putting the pie filling in.
Angel Pie Filling
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp lemon juice REAL
- Small amount of lemon rind
- Cool Whip
- Cook egg yolks in double boiler , start beating until thick
- Beat in sugar, lemon juice, and rind until thick.
- Refrigerate for 5 hours
- Add Cool Whip
How to Use a Double Boiler
Homemade Coffee Liqueur
Grandma June's Kahlua Recipe
Grandma Junes Kahlua was a fun recipe, she made it to give away to people as gifts for holiday times. At one time she liked White Russians, so she decided to make it herself. It turned out great and everyone loved her Kahlua, they said "it tastes like the real stuff."
- Boil 1 pint of water
- Add 3 and 3/4 cups of sugar
- Add 4 tablespoons of Vanilla to the boiling water.
- Add 5 (6 or 7) tablespoons of instant coffee
- Pour into 1/2 gallon jug, and add one fifth of Vodka and two teaspoons of glycerin or fruit pectin. ( Gerto)
Let cool and drink!
We use pure Vanilla From Mexico and Hills Brothers instant coffee to be the best.
Grandma June always made Zucchini Relish
June's Zucchini Relish Recipe
Grandma June would always make her Zucchini relish in late summer. There was always some year round. It tastes great on hotdogs & hamburgers at family gatherings. You will need several big Zucchinis which are plentiful in the summer growing season here in Oregon.
- 10 cups of coarse ground Zucchini Squash
- 5 teaspoons of salt
Let that stand in fridge overnight covered in water. Next Morning, drain and rinse well.
- 4 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 large red pepper ground coarse
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups of Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of celery seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1/2 large green pepper, coarse ground
Cook 15-20 Minutes. Pack in hot jars and seal. Makes 7 pints
Never Fail Brownies
Grandma June was a great cook , one of the reasons why, was because she did plenty of research on recipes and collected many recipes that did not fail. This Brownie recipe is so tasty, I think you will agree. I know Grandma June will help you be successful at pleasing the crowds with this recipe!
- Put first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well BUT do not over mix.
- Then add nuts. Bake in 9x13 greased pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees
- 1 1/4 Cups Baking flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 16 oz. Can Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
- 1 Cup Walnuts, Chopped coarse
Easy Chocolate Frosting. you can use this for brownies or anything you want to top with chocolate frosting.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1/2 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
Boil sugar, butter and milk exactly one minute, Add chocolate chips to cooked syrup. Mix until chips melt then spread on brownies.
Grandma June had a big Blueberry bush right in front of the house and the kids like to eat fresh picked blueberries. June and her Mother who was also named June, would make blueberry cupcakes and freeze fresh blueberries every year. Here below is great way to enjoy blueberries. I will add some more recipes soon. As we all know Grandma June has a plethora of recipes to share with you. Especially more sugar free ones too!
Sugar free blueberry muffins
More by this Author
Homes of the rich and famous, Oprah , Donald Trump ,some of the most luxurious and beautiful homes in the world
modeling and fashion, evening gowns and how to wear them in a beauty pageant
influential women in America , tops ten influential women American history , born before 1930, famous women in history presidents wives , Annie Oakley