Grandma's Mushroom Soup - A Recipe with Fresh Mushrooms
A simple, comforting soup made with fresh mushrooms.
2 Tbsp Onion, Minced
2 oz. Butter
8 oz Mushrooms, Chopped
2 Cups Water
1 Cup Milk
2 Cubes Chicken Bouillon
4 Tbsp Flour
Salt and Pepper to taste
Products You May Find Useful
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion in butter for 2 minutes.
- Stir in mushrooms and cover with a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mushrooms are soft.
- Add bouillon, flour and half of the water and puree with an immersion blender leaving some small chunks for texture.
- Add remaining water, milk, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Substitute water with chicken broth and omit bouillon cubes.
- If you don't have an immersion blender, mixture may be transferred to a blender or food processor and returned to saucepan after pureeing.
- Substitute milk with half and half, cream or evaporated milk for a creamier soup.