Potluck Favorite: Sweet and crunchy grape salad
Seedless grape salad with pecans and celery
Blend cream cheese and yogurt
Make it your own
Make this recipe your own and never share the "secret ingredient." Be prepared to bring this dish every time you are invited to a covered dish supper or summer picnic.
- For example, convert this recipe to Grape salad with lime and peanuts.
- Replace the vanilla with a tablespoon of lime juice, use lime zest as garnish.
- Switch toasted pecans with dry roasted peanuts.
- Grate rainbow carrots into the salad for color and texture.
- Skip the pecans and add a 1/2 cup each of raisins and sunflower seeds.
- Replace yogurt with sour cream.
When you combine fruit and nuts, sprinkle in 1 tablespoon of chopped chervil and or parsley into the salad. Top salad with 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped chervil as garnish.
Your neighbors will gladly volunteer to serve as taste testers while you perfect you own "secret recipe" version.
Grape salad fast becoming a summer favorite
Gently fold in cream cheese
- 3 pounds seedless grapes, washed and dried
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Truvia®, (or 1 TBS sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh celery leaves, chopped (garnish)
- Wash and dry grapes, Add grapes, celery, nuts gently mix until evenly blended. Set aside.
- Process the cream cheese and Greek yogurt. Blend in Truvia and vanilla.
- When cream cheese mixture is blended, spoon over grape mixture. Gently combine.
- Cover and refrigerate. Even better the next day.
- garnish with a Tablespoon of chopped celery leaves or mint sprigs.
Chicken salad sandwich
The best chicken salad ever
Yes, really. The best chicken salad ever.
This is your summer go - to recipe. Count on this versatile recipe to expand garden party and picnic lunch options. For a wrap or a sandwich, the recipe needs a little more moisture or dressing to hold together.
To two cups of grape salad, add two or three Tablespoons of mayonnaise/salad dressing (your favorite) and two or three teaspoons of mustard. Your mustard choice.
Combine one cup of cooked and chopped chicken breast with two cups of the grape salad above.
- Salad - Serve on lettuce leaves as a chicken salad entrée.
- Sandwich - Split a croissant or use hearty whole grain bread as a sandwich.
- Wrap - Roll into a large lettuce lined tortilla and serve as a wrap.
Chicken salad wrap
Safe and easy picnic containers
More by this Author
Celebrate the grand garden season finale. Here are some faster, space-saving methods to harvest and store garden produce at its best.
Never boil another egg. Learn how to peel eggs perfectly every time. Use eggs as a protien source to complete lighter seasonal meals.
Keep sidewalks and driveways weed-free all summer. Try these simple and safe remedies as weed and grass killers.