Great Crockpot Recipes-Chicken In A Pot
This is another easy crockpot recipe. Basically with a whole chicken and a few ingredients, you will have a wonderful meal that will taste like you worked on it for hours. There are options to cook it on high for a shorter cook time, but remember to add a cup of water for the moisture that will boil off.
- 3 lb whole chicken
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, with leaves
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chlcken broth or wine
- Put carrots, onions, and celery in bottom of crockpot. Add whole chicken. Top with salt, pepper, liquid. Sprinkle basil over top.
- Cover and cook until done-low 8 to 10 hours. (High 3 to 4 hours, using 1 cup water). Remove chicken and vegetables with spatula.
- Simple But Yummy Biscuits and Gravy-Easy Recipe
This is a tasty recipe that the family loves whenever we get together. On holiday mornings one of us is loading biscuits on the pans while the other gets the skillet going.
More by this Author
This is an easy way to make no fuss chicken and noodles. It works well to throw in the crockpot before you head out for the day, then when you get back finish it off and it will be ready to eat. Another way to alter the...
If you are looking for sweet but savory flavors in your chicken dish, try this recipe.
Enjoy restaurant-quality steak at home using a cast-iron skillet.