Great Crockpot Recipes-Chicken Stroganoff
Crockpot Chicken Stroganoff
One of my favorites is Beef Stroganoff, but with beef prices what they are right now, why not do a chicken version? This recipe turns out a satisfying meal that goes great anytime. I used two shortcuts here. A chicken gravy mix and baking mix. If you prefer, you can substitute your own chicken gravy or baking mix.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope (.87 to 1.2 oz) chicken gravy mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen stew vegetables, thawed
- 1 4-oz. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mix sour cream, flour, gravy mix and water in 3 1/2 to 4-quart crock pot until smooth. Stir in chicken, stew vegetables and mushrooms. Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 hours or until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in peas. Mix baking mix and onions. Stir in milk just until moistened. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto chicken-vegetable mixture.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of dumplings comes out clean. Serve immediately.
More by this Author
This is an easy way to make no fuss chicken and noodles. It works well to throw in the crockpot before you head out for the day, then when you get back finish it off and it will be ready to eat. Another way to alter the...
If you are looking for sweet but savory flavors in your chicken dish, try this recipe.
Enjoy restaurant-quality steak at home using a cast-iron skillet.