Great Crockpot Recipes-Chicken Tortillas
I like this for cold winter nights, but you can eat it just about any time. This recipe starts with cooked chicken, so you can either cook extra with another meal or you can use canned or frozen precooked chicken. We found that the frozen precooked chicken from Tyson or Kroger works pretty well. If you have a favorite salsa, you can substitute for that. And you can use any cheese you like. We sometimes have white mexican cheese at the store and I like to use it, but cheddar or jack cheese works fine too.
- Meat from 1 whole chicken OR canned chicken or parts
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup green chili salsa
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1 dozen corn tortillas
- Black olives-sliced
- Tear chicken into bite size pieces, mix with soup, chili, salsa and tapioca. Line bottom of crock pot with 3 corn tortillas, torn into bite size pieces. Add 1/3 of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the onion and 1/3 of the grated cheese. Repeat layers of tortillas topped with chicken mixture, onions and cheese. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 hours. Garnish with sliced black olives.
More by this Author
Easy, Tastes Good, and it only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
If you are looking for sweet but savory flavors in your chicken dish, try this recipe.
Enjoy restaurant-quality steak at home using a cast-iron skillet.
No comments yet.