Great Crockpot Recipes-Mexican Style Chicken Stew
This is a simple stew to make in the crockpot if you like tex mex style food. I prefer to serve it with warm flour tortilla's, but you can use biscuits or crackers if you like.
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 med russet potatoes,, peeled and cut very small pieces
- 1 (15 oz) jar mild salsa
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 can sweet corn, (optional)
- 1 package flour tortillas
- Mix all ingredients except the tortillas together in the crockpot, cook 7-9 hours on low. Serve with warm flour tortillas. You can also serve with corn on the side or it is good mixed in it too.
- You can certainly serve it with shredded cheese or for a really creamy flavor use cream cheese.
More by this Author
Easy, Tastes Good, and it only takes 15 minutes to prepare.
If you are looking for sweet but savory flavors in your chicken dish, try this recipe.
Enjoy restaurant-quality steak at home using a cast-iron skillet.
No comments yet.