Great Old Crab Dip Recipe
Looking for a delicious crab dip recipe? Look no further! This is a great old crab dip recipe handed down to me from my good friend and culinary genious Duce Arendell. The recipe below is for a great big batch of crab dip with old bay seasoning. This recipe makes about 3 cups of dip, and is perfect for cocktail parties and other gatherings.
- 2 cups freshly cooked crab meat, (or 12 ounces of canned crab meat drained and flaked with the cartilage removed)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh snipped dill, (or one tablespoon dried dill)
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded lime peel
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- cayenne pepper sauce
- black pepper and salt
- Old Bay seasoning
- a variety of crackers, (for dipping)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients except the crackers, salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Season the crab dip to your liking with salt, pepper, and Old Bay seasoning.
- Transfer your crab dip to a serving bowl.
- Refrigerate the dip (covered) for at least 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve this Great Old Crab Dip with your favorite assortment of crackers for dipping.
|Serving size: 3 Tbsp of dip|
|Calories from Fat||153|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 17 g||26%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Unsaturated fat 14 g|
|Carbohydrates 2 g||1%|
|Fiber 0 g|
|Protein 5 g||10%|
|Cholesterol 39 mg||13%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Did my buddy Duce hit it out of the park with this recipe or what! I know it looks and sounds good, but your verdict won't be in until you actually try it. I hope I gave you an easy-to-follow recipe, and I am anxious to get your feedback. Please come back and let me know what you think. If it's a homerun please show your support of this recipe by giving it a 5-star rating near the top of this page. If it wasn't so great I welcome your criticism as well. Thanks for stopping by Hubpages, and be sure to check out some other great recipes and articles while you're here.
More by this Author
Wanna grow huge sunflowers? Well, you've come to the right place. I've been growing giant sunflowers for more than 20 years now, and I've picked up a few tips and tricks along the way. I have grown massive sunflowers...
These days it's all about going green, and that especially holds true on St. Patty's Day! This year in addition to the green beer, why not make some fun green St. Patty's Day Jello shots. Jello Shots are an inexpensive...
Jello shots are easy to make and will add a spark to any party! There are many options when it comes to choosing containers to serve your jello shots in. Below you will find some creative ways to serve your jello shots....
No comments yet.