Great Party Ideas
If you are itching to throw a party that is not gonna break the bank here are some really great budget stretching ideas. Who says you can't have a party that cost very little but looks very expensive and impressive. Here are some great tips to help you have that great party for any occasion that is going to knock your friends and families socks off. Keep your budget close but your great budget busting ideas even closer.
1. Time is of the essence! Yes time is a big part of party planning if it's to early everyone will be hungry for the next meal but the later hour can help you stretch the old budget by serving after dinner eats which are lighter and cheaper on the old wallet. If your budget doesn't have much room for food keep it light. Spend your money on the drinks because drinks at any party are a must have. No matter whether your guest are young or old they will need drinks even if you have a little food. Keep your guests happy and hydrated very important.
2. Plan for the number of guests you know will be there and then some to cover the last minute I didn't think I would make it crowd. It is a great idea to involve your guests in the planning of your party if you would like to have their help with the party. For instance if you do not have a large food budget ask a few friends what they make that their family just loves like a special dish or punch and ask them to bring it to your get together. You might be surprised how much your friends and family will help provide for your party. This is a great way to stretch your budget and have things planned well ahead of time.
3. Plan your party based on budget, age and length of party. If you have a smaller budget keep it short and sweet. Don't be afraid to have a cupcake party and a game of water tag. Kids love simple fun. For adults don't be afraid to strike up a game of cards or WII you might be surprised at the amount of fun you can have. If you plan to have friends and family come in from out of town plan something that will keep everyone happy while they are there.
4. Plan your party around a certain location for free entertainment. Most people rely on the home entertainment system for the entertainment of their party; this can include video games, a pool table, card games, board games, movies and even music. Don't forget the great out doors that doesn't cost a thing and provides unbeatable entertainment. A trip to the lake can be a great time and many lakes have swimming areas for lots of fun that lasts all afternoon.
5. Plan ahead so you have time to enjoy your party as well. Many times we leave everything up until the last minutes of our guests arriving which causes us to run around stressed and irritated. If you plan your party ahead of time and have most everything done before your guests arrive you will have more time to sit and enjoy your party and your guests. Not only will you have a great time your guests will have time to enjoy your party with you.
6. Buy your supplies ahead of time. Watch for sales and coupons available in your area and pick up non perishable items early for your party plans. Keep an eye on your area store online circulars to see what he prices are on big ticket items such as meat which can vary wildly in price and alcohol which can vary wildly as well. Watching your area sales can save you a bundle of money.
7. Recycle to make party decorations . Save all your plastic jugs, egg cartons and glass jars to make beautiful one of a kind party decorations. Cut and spray paint them with different colors to hang from tree, the ceiling, even your back porch or sprinkle across the guests tables. Recycled cans can be used for candle votives. Let your imagine run wild and save money buy making your trash into awesome decoration treasures.
8. Make your party an appetizer and cocktail party and ask everyone to bring their favorite appetizer. Throw a party for pennies and make it an event to remember that your guests can enjoy helping with the main attraction; the food table. It is a lot of fun to invite friends who have a diverse background so you can taste their culture through food. If you are a foodie like I am you will just love this kind of party.
9. Have the kids help with making a themed party for a birthday or summer fun. Recycle old clothes and other items and have a murder mystery party or even a pirate scavenger hunt. Arrrggg matey it doesn't cost much to have a whole lot of fun. It is a lot of fun to have a pretty princess party with a few friends and even their mom's. Mom's can have a spa time while the kids have a pretty princess time. Dad's can have a scavenger hiding party while the boys wait to find the item on their party list.
More by this Author
Although gardening is only one of My Passions. It is up in the top categories. I have many hobbies, I also love companion planting. I love to take a bare area in my yard and make it beautiful or more interesting....
If nothing else I could only hope to empower & inspire those who feel hopeless to know they are not alone and there are some things you can do on your own to help.
Staph Infection left unchecked can be very Serious and even fatal. Here are a few tips on how to care for a staph infection and a brief explanation of what staph is