Great Picnic Food Recipes For Children
Picnic Foods for Kids
Children can be so picky! But that's no reason not to enjoy a family picnic!
Picnics are a great, inexpensive way for families to get outdoors, have fun and spend time together. Sometimes packing your family a picnic lunch that the kids will enjoy seems like a daunting task, but it doesn't have to be. The most simple recipes with few ingredients will usually keep your kids happy.
So before you're tempted to stop at that drive-through window, try some of these easy picnic foods for kids.
Start Bringing Your Child on Picnics Early
chicken legs (chicken Drumsticks) 12
corn flour 10 tbsp
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
vinegar as needed
bread crumbs 2 cups
oil ¾ cup
- Boil the chicken legs.
- Cut the chicken from different places using knife or fork. (The cuts should not be very deep.)
- Powder the salt and black pepper properly on the chicken and spread the vinegar on it too. Then, leave it for half an hour.
- Make a thick mixture of corn flour by mixing it in water.
- Now, cover the chicken legs properly in corn flour and then in bread crumbs.
- Fry it in preheated oil.
- When the legs turn golden brown, dish them out.
Salad dressing or dip of choice
- Clean your vegetables, removing skin and seeds if necessary.
- Use a vegetable peeler and peel along the vegetable to create long, thin slices. Some vegetables (like carrots) will naturally curl up. Others you can roll up into a curly, flower-like shape.
- Arrange them in a container and cover them. Serve them with a dip on the side.
Cucumber Spinach Wrap Roll-Ups
- Lay out a spinach wrap. Smear it with a thin layer of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts over it.
- Lay cucumber spears on one end, and roll it up starting from that end.
- Use a knife to slice the wrap into sections.
Colorful Pasta Salad
Tri-color spiral pasta
Diced Yellow Pepper
Mandarin Orange Slices
Honey Mustard Dressing
- Cook the pasta and drain it. Put it into a bowl with cherry or grape tomatoes (cut them in half if they're big).
- Add diced peppers, cheese and orange slices.
- Drizzle with honey mustard and mix.
Mandarin orange slices
- Use a melon baller to make fruit balls of your watermelon and cantaloupe. Discard any seeds.
- Wash strawberries. Cut out strawberry stem.
- Cut pineapple or other fruits of your choice into chunks
- Put all fruit chunks and balls into a bowl. Squeeze the juice of a lemon on and mix gently to coat.
- Thread fruit on skewers, alternating different pieces for variety.
Need More Picnic Ideas?
- Picnic Food Ideas - Summer Picnic Food Ideas
Planning the Perfect Summer Picnic: Food Ideas For You Ah, a picnic. When we hear that word, we instantly have pleasant memories filled with fun, laughter, and, of course, a lot of delicious home-cooked...
More by this Author
What To Serve With Lobster What to serve with lobster and how to serve a lobster In order to have the perfect lobster meal. What to serve with warm or cold Lobster,3 Methods
Peeling vegetables can definitely take the fun out of cooking, especially if it takes a very long time to do so. That’s why there exist numerous and varying designs of vegetable peelers in the market...
Love camping? Love Disney? Get the best of both worlds at Disney's Fort Wilderness. Check out this review of this popular vacation destination for outdoorsy families.