Delicious Recipes for Peaches
Peaches Care Tips
Living in norther Florida gives us easy access to delicious peaches form the Georgia peach trees. We love peaches and you will find some great recipes using peaches in this article. Peaches are delicious and a very healthy fruit to eat.
- Peaches should be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a plastic bag.
- Wash peaches under cold running water to removed any dirt.
- If a recipe calls for for peeled peaches, dip peaches cut in half in boiling water for 30 seconds which will loosen the skin, then remove the peaches with a spoon and dip in cold water. The skins will slide off.
- To keep peaches from turning brown while preparing them for a recipe sprinkle them with lemon or orange juice.
- If you peaches are ripe enough, place them in a bag at room temperature and check them daily until they are soft enough to eat.
Peach Bread Cooling
Delicious Ready to Slice and Eat
Low Fat Recipe for Peach Bread
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- I cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- I 1/2 cups peeled and chopped fresh, ripe peaches
- 3/4 cup freshly grated carrots
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Heat oven to 350 °
Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to I0 minutes or until toasted and fragrant; stirring halfway through. Cool I5 minutes. I use the toaster oven which works well for the pecans.
Stir together flour and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add peaches, next 4 ingredients, and toasted pecans, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Spoon batter into 9" x 5" lightly greases loaf pan.
Bake at 350° fir 1 hour and 5-10 minutes. A long wooden toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then, remove from pan and continue cooling of wire rack for 1 hour.
This recipe won an award in the South Carolina 2009 annual peach bake off. I made this again last night as it is delicious.
Peach Salsa Recipe
- 3 firm peaches (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes (about ½ pound)
- 6 large green onions
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 12 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Dip peaches into boiling water and then peel the skin.
- Cut peaches into thin strips, discarding pits. Toss with lemon juice.
- Dip tomatoes into boiling water, then peel and seed them. Cut into medium julienne strips.
- Combine peaches and tomatoes. Add onions, peppers and cilantro. Mix well.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and honey. Pour over other ingredients. If using within several hours, no need to refrigerate, otherwise cover and refrigerate.
Fresh Peaches and Pie
Recipe for Peach Pie
- 4 generous cups peeled, sliced, fresh peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp. flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 drop almond extract
Combine the peaches, sugar, flour, salt and butter. Add the almond extract only if the peaches are not very flavorful.
Pastry for a 2-crust pie:
I usually purchase a ready-made pie crust from the refrigerator section of the grocery store. Of course, if you have a favorite pie crust then go with it.
Place bottom pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan. Place pie mixture on top of crust.
Cut the upper crust into eight strips. Moisten the edge of the lower crust, lay the strips across the pie in 2 directions and Interlace to form lattice. Press ends gently against lower crust and trim off even with pie rim. You use your fingers or fork tines to crimp the edges of the crust.
Bake 15-17 minutes, at 400°, then reduce heat to 350° and bake another 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is well browned and juice bubbles up through lattice.
Remove to cake rack to cool until it's lukewarm and then serve!
Paula Dean Recipes – Peach Cobbler
Peach Homemade Ice Cream
Peach Homemade Ice Cream
- 5-6 very ripe peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream or 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 gallon milk (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Put the peaches, eggs, cream, 1cup sugar and vanilla in blender or food processor.
- Blend just until peaches are smashed,
- Pour the mixture into a 1gallon ice cream maker.
- Pour some of the milk and the lemon juice in the blender, then add the last cup of sugar and blend quickly which will help get all of the first mixture out of the blender.
- Pour the rest of the mixture into the ice cream maker.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions to freeze the ice cream.ingredients:
Georgia Peach Tree Crop
Some of my Food Hubs
- Easy Dessert Recipes for Summertime
This article is full of easy summer dessert recipes with pictures. Included is pineapple,banana pudding,home made ice cream, chocolate chip ice cream pie and Blueberry-lemon Tiramisu.
- Smoked Meats Tender Juicy Roast
Summer is a wonderful time to cookemeat in a smoker and this article has specific directions for the best results. You can smoke most meats and using wood chips adds extra flavor.
- Summer Salad Recipes -Easy and Delicious
This article gives you the easy to make summer salad recipes for salads. The Supreme Pizza Pasta Salad is a wonderful salad with an easy recipe. There are several other salads and a video so you will certainly find one or two salads that will fit int
Earn Money Writing on Hubpages -Sign Up Today!
Peaches are a wonderful fruit that are tasty when the whole, chopped or sliced and there are many peaches recipes that are easy to make. They are only about 60 calories each. Peaches are good chopped and mixed with yogurt, cold cereal or oatmeal. They also can be used in batters for pancakes, waffles, muffins or bread. There are numerous great recipes for peaches.
I hope you enjoy each peach recipe posted above. If you like peaches this is certainly the season to buy them, which will quickly come to an end as summer moves on.
Cooking with Peaches
Do you cook with fresh peaches or do you just buy them to eat?See results without voting
© 2011 Pamela Oglesby
More by this Author
This article is cooking nutrition and cooking with coconuts; listing the various uses and why coconut is so healthy. The benefits of coconut oil are explained. There are several coconut easy recipes.
This history of peach trees and how to grow your own tree is described. Peaches are nourishing and a delicious, easy recipe for peach cobbler is also included.
There are 5 delicious easy dessert recipes in this article that are different and delicious. These delicious recipes are perfect for special occasions. Most of them are quick recipes for desserts.