Noodles with Lemon and Herbs
Fresh Asian noodles which absorb the flavours that they are cooked in. A dish that takes 15 minutes from start to finish and is very kind on the palette. A dish for vegetarians but if you are not a vegetarian you will enjoy this one.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 lemon grass stalk, finely sliced
- 2.5cm (1inch) piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 350 grams fresh egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, light
- 1 lemon, juice
- pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- garnish lemon zest, fine strips
- Heat the oil in a wok or large, deep frying pan, add the spring onions, lemon grass, and ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and toss over the heat for 2 minutes. Mix together the soy sauce, lemon juice, and sugar, and pour over the noodles. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until the noodles are heated through.
- Sprinkle the chives and parsley over the top, then toss with the noodles and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve at once, garnished with the lemon zest and spring onion.
|Serving size: 1 serving|
|Calories from Fat||54|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 6 g||9%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 0 g|
|Carbohydrates 65 g||22%|
|Sugar 18 g|
|Fiber 4 g||16%|
|Protein 14 g||28%|
|Cholesterol 15 mg||5%|
|Sodium 600 mg||25%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
More by this Author
You won't get a better lamb and aubergine Moussaka than this! Even our Greek friends love it and it is not greasy, which can be a problem with a lot of Moussaka dishes! Serve with a Green Salad.
Greeks all over Greece will be making their traditional Christmas cakes of Melomakarona and Kourabiethes right after Thanksgiving despite their current economic woes.
Test the knowledge of your colleagues at your local pub or sports and social club with this pub quiz (3) which covers general knowledge and some interesting specialised subjects. Answers are supplied.