Green Bean Recipe-Side Dish Recipe Using Canned Green Beans
Green Bean Recipe-Side Dish Recipe
This green bean recipe is a one that my wife showed me a couple years ago. It’s an excellent side dish recipe that is relatively easy to prepare. To my surprise, it makes canned green beans taste like a culinary masterpiece. So, the next time you are looking for a good side dish for your meal, give this one a try. It also go great with my garlic pork chops recipe!
Can of French Cut green beans
½ yellow onion
½ tsp minced garlic
- Cook green beans in pan according to directions.
- While green beans are cooking, slice on into long narrow strips.
- Heat about 2 tbls of olive oil in small skillet.
- Add sliced onion to heated olive oil.
- Move onions around so the don’t burn on one side.
- Once onions start to become tender, add the minced garlic.
- Cook onions and garlic until carmelized.
- Drain green beans and add onions and garlic. Be sure to add any olive oil that is left in the skillet as well.
- Stir green beans and serve.
This makes an almost decorative side dish and like I said is a very easy green bean recipe to prepare. It definitely takes the boredom out of eating canned green beans. You can prepare with fresh green beans as well. You can French cut them yourself and will need to let them cook for quite a while. Adding some salt to the fresh green beans probably wouldn’t hurt either.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do. When we’re not too lazy to dish out that little bit of extra effort to prepare the onions etc. we are always glad that we did. As always, I love to hear feedback from anyone that tries this green bean recipe.
More by this Author
We all wait all summer long for deer season to roll around again. We know, that when the weather starts turning cool and the days get shorter it's time to go hunt some deer. Some of us hunt with bow and arrows...
A few tips on fishing the bottom of a lake for bass fishing.
Over the last year, I have found many methods to find roles to audition for to help me gain experience in theater and in film, I would like to share with you these methods to hopefully help you build on your acting...