Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas Casserole
Please Rate this Recipe!
Best Chicken Enchiladas
During my early 20's I was living in Portland Oregon for a Work Study Job for College. My cousin was also in Oregon staying with his Relatives. I was invited for Dinner one evening and had one of the best dishes I had ever tasted. Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Cassorole. My cousins aunt was from New Mexico and I must have eaten second. thirds and fourths. I had had Red Chile Enchiladas but never green Chile. I had eaten at several Mexican Restraunts in Portland but the food was bland and seemed to be out of a can. Here is a recipe that is very similar to what my cousins aunt cooked for us, I hope you enjoy.
Green Chile Chicken Dish
Green Chile Chicken Enchaldas Ingredients
- 1 1/2 pound Boiled Chicken Breast, Shredded
- 12 - 16 Corn Tortillas, May use Flour Tortillas 10 count
- 24 ounces Green Chiles, Can or Freshly Roasted
- 1 onion Finely Chopped, White or Yellow
- 1 12 ounce can Condensed cream of chicken soup, Campbells or Favorite Brand
- 12 ounce Container sour cream, May substitue plain low-fat or nonfat yogurt
- 1 - 2 pinches Salt, Optional
- 1 - 2 pinches Pepper, Optional
- 4 cups Shredded Chedder Cheese, Mild or Sharp
Step by Step Cooking Instructions
- Set oven to Preheat 350 degrees
- Combine Shredded Chicken, Condensed Soup, Chiles, Chopped Onion and 2 cups of Chedder cheese in to a bowl and mix all.
- Added your spices of Salt and Pepper
- Grease your Casserole pan with olive oil on all sides and bottom.
- Put One Layer of Corn or Flour tortillas at the bottom of your pan.
- Spread a layer of your chicken enchilada mixture to cover your tortillas.
- Sprinkle one layer of chedder cheese over mixture.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the pan is full ending with a good layer of cheese on the top.
- Cover your Casserole pand with Aluminum foil.
- Bake your enchilada Cassorole for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove your aluminum foile and then bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes to brown the cheese.
- Let Stand for 15 minutes and then it is ready to Server.
More by this Author
Huge banks take billions of money from their customers every year year in checking account overdrafts and lots of fees. Readydebit Card is designed to help eliminate those fees. Getting the Ready Debit and Visa prepaid...
As of December 3, 2010 the Naga Viper Pepper is now the Hottest Pepper in the World. The Naga Viper Pepper is a genetically engineered pepper by the inventor Gerald Fowler. This pepper is a result of crossing three of...
All you need to know about the Walmart MoneyCard, one of the fastest growing prepaid debit cards.