Green Eggs & Ham, Recipe
Green Eggs & Ham
Have You Ever Tried, Green Eggs & Ham??
We've all heard the story, probably even read it a time or two!! Have you ever actually tried Green Eggs & Ham? No I don't mean "green food" as in Bad food, lol. I mean "Green food" as in creative food!!
The moral behind the story is
A) Don't judge a book by its cover,
B) You don't know that you don't like something unless you try it!!! So put your moral where your mouth is and show your kids how easy it can be to try new things!! A little food coloring doesn't change the flavor only the look!!
Trying my own recipe for Green Eggs & Ham, with my 5 year old son was such a big success I thought I'd share it!! I hope you have as much fun as we did!!
Green Eggs And Ham
2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 tbsp Honey
4 tbsp Brown Sugar
2 lg Ham Steaks
4 lg Eggs
1/2 cup Milk
Blue & Green Food Coloring
Salt & Pepper To Taste
1) Preheat oven 400 degrees, Place ham steaks onto a non stick baking sheet. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes! While its cooking move to step 2!
2) In a small bowl, combine mustard, honey & brown sugar, add a couple of drops of blue food coloring. Set aside for ham!
3) In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, a couple drops of blue food coloring, a little green if needed and salt & pepper. Set aside until ham is almost finished!
4) When ham is almost done to your tastes, remove from the oven. Put oven on broil. Cover top of ham with honey mustard mix, place back into the oven on top rack for 10-15 minutes. Or until topping is bubbling !!!!
5) While ham is broiling, In a medium sized frying pan, cook scrambled eggs as you normally would.
6) If you are a veggie nut like I am add steamed broccoli.
Once everything is finished, serve & enjoy!!
This was a lot of fun to make, your kids will love it!!
More Fun Recipes
More by this Author
Great little appetizers, with a great fresh taste!!
The beauty of chicken is, you can turn it into almost anything! Bake it, Grill it, Slice it, Cube it. Chicken goes with so many different things, its almost impossible to get bored with it!!
Do you have a hard time getting your 3-10 year old to try new foods? Have you ever let them make a choice or lend a hand in dinner prep?