Green bean salad
Such a simple side salad for a hot summers day, this is a favourite of mine. It is very similar to the 'alternative potato salad' recipe, only with green beans! We had this quite a lot with home made meatballs and boiled potatoes with my grandparents.
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 10 min
- Ready in: 15 min
- Yields: Serves 4 as a side dish
- 200g French/Green beans
- 1 Onion, Finely chopped
- Balsamic or malt vinegar
- olive oil
- Trim the ends from your beans and give them a good rinse.
- Steam the beans for 10 minutes either in a steamer or a colander over a saucepan.
- Add the beans to a bowl, with the chopped onion.
- Add vinegar and olive oil to taste.
More by this Author
Many people love massage as a relaxation tool, but here I explain how massage and aromatherapy can be used to relieve symptoms in end-of-life care.
A lush recipe for those cold nights, passed on from some good Irish friends