Grilled Pork Chops With Sauteed Veggies
If you're looking for a different way to prepare boneless pork loin chops for a family meal, the following recipe will easily serve six people. These chops were marinated first in a herb and garlic sauce, and then cooked on a George Foreman Grill. They were not only juicy and flavorful, but tender as well.
Pork Loin or Pork Tenderloin
Nutrients in Pork
Pork "The Healthy Meat Choice"
- The leanest cuts of pork are tenderloin, followed by pork chops, pork steaks, pork roast, ham, then pork cutlets.
- Before cooking pork you should try to trim away as much of the fat as possible.
- At one time people were told to cook pork well done. This would make the pork tough and dry. Pork only needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F/71°C. Ground pork and pork sausages do need to be cooked thoroughly.
- All pork can be safely frozen whether fresh or cooked.
George Foreman Grill
If you are planning to buy a George Foreman grill, I recommend purchasing one that has removable plates. I have an older model where the plates are not removable and I find it sometimes difficult to clean. With the newer models the grill plates are dishwasher safe.
Ingredients For Chops and Vegetable Topping
- 9 small boneless pork loin, chops
- 1/2 cup of Diana Garlic & Herb Marinade or similar product
- 1 red pepper, sliced thick
- 1 green pepper, sliced thick
- 6-8 green onions or scallions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 TBS. of Parmesan Cheese, Freshly grated
- 1 tsp. Greek seasoning
- 1 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and pat dry 9-10 small boneless pork loin chops.
- Place the chops into a dish to marinade. Pour 1/2 cup of marinade over the chops. Cover dish and set in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to start cooking the chops, preheat the George Foreman grill to 340°F. Once it is heated place chops on the grill and cook for approximately eight minutes or until chops reach 160°F internally.
- While the chops are cooking, prepare vegetables and heat 1 TBS. of extra virgin olive oil in a pan. Sauté green & red pepper slices with chopped scallions and chopped tomato. Sprinkle with 1 tsp. of Greek seasoning and stir.
- Once the chops are cooked put them into a serving dish, and top with the sautéed vegetables. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
One Boneless Pork Loin Chop (Approximate)
|Serving size: 3 ounces or 85g|
|Calories from Fat||90|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 10 g||15%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 0 g|
|Protein 23 g||46%|
|Cholesterol 60 mg||20%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Instructions for salad
- Wash and chop first four ingredients, and put into a serving bowl along with the olives.
- In a small bowl combine oil, Greek seasoning, and pressed garlic. Whisk and add to the serving bowl tossing all ingredients.
- Add the Spring lettuce mix and toss well.
- Serve with a side of Feta cheese or add it to the salad.
Spring Mix Salad
- 8 radishes sliced
- 1/2 a large English cucumber sliced and quartered
- 1 Large tomato chopped
- 6 scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup of green olives sliced
- 2 large cloves of garlic pressed
- 2 TBS. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Greek seasoning
- 2 cups of Spring lettuce mix
- 1/4 cup of Feta or goat cheese
Time to eat
Place chops on a plate and spoon vegetables over the top. The fettuccine pasta was made from a package as I did not have time to make it fresh. Either serve salad right on the plate or in a side dish or bowl.
More by this Author
A step by step recipe with pictures for making a one pot meal that includes; cabbage, carrots, potatoes and onions.
Recipe for pork chops baked in the oven with cream of mushroom soup and potatoes. Very easy recipe to follow.
In this easy to follow recipe I've added other ingredients to Zatarain's Jambalaya mix to make it go further and feed more people. Pictures included with recipe.