Grilled Sandwich Ideas
Tasty Grilled Sandwich Ideas
I do not think there is anyone that does not love a grilled sandwich. With a little imagination we can come up with so much more than only a grilled cheese sandwich.
Apart from the different fillings as part of the grilled sandwich ideas, you can also look at flavoring the butter and use it with the fillings to give that little extra taste to your grilled sandwiches. As long as you make sure the flavors complement each other you can make any combination that takes your fancy.
If you have a griddler that you are not completely happy with, you may want to look at a griddler such as the Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler. With a good griddler you will be able to feed the family very easily with these tasty grilled sandwich ideas.
Grilled Sandwich Ideas - Flavored Butter
The first grilled sandwich ideas I want to share with you are flavored butter. You can really lift any ordinary grilled sandwich by using a flavored butter instead of normal butter. Never use margarine as it is not good for you!
Flavored butter grilled sandwich ideas:
Flavor your butter with one of the following. All you do is mix the softened butter with the flavoring of your choice and use it as normal. Remember to keep the different flavors of the filling and the butter in mind. Make sure the flavors complement each other. After this you can grill your sandwiches the normal way in a griddler such as the Cuisinart GR-4 Griddler
- Nuts: Very finely chopped nuts
- Anchovy: 1/2 cup butter, 2 tablespoon anchovy, 1/2 teaspoon grated onion
- Green: finely chopped garlic chives and chives to taste
- Curry: 1/2 cup butter, 2 teaspoon curry powder, dash of lemon juice
- Mustard: 1/2 cup butter, 2 teaspoons prepared mustard (mild)
- Pickles: 1/2 cup butter, 3 tablespoons of finely chopped pickles
- Green pepper: Boil some chopped green pepper for a few minutes, puree and mix with 1/2 cup of butter
You can now start imagining the tasty combinations you can make with these. I love the nuts with bananas and the curry with cheese.
Grilled Sandwich Ideas - Fillings With Cheese
The next of the grilled sandwich ideas are the grilled sandwich ideas with cheese. Not your ordinary grilled cheese sandwiches, but some tasty variations. these recipes are for big quantities but you can obviously adapt it for the suitable amounts you need.
These quantities are actually the quantities you will need for making tiny grilled sandwiches as snacks for a party. You make the grilled sandwiches as normal and then cut them in tiny bite sizes.
For most of these fillings you will not spread the bread with butter first as they are moiost enough to be used as is.
1. Cottage Cheese and pickles:
- 1 pound cottage cheese
- 5 tablespoon chopped green peppers
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped olives
- 5 tablespoons chopped "sweet" pickles
- 2 Tablespoons chopped "sour" pickles
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste (very little is needed so be careful, I so not even use any)
- Enough mayonnaise to get the desired consistency
Mix well and use as the filling for your grilled sandwiches, snacks and more.
2. Curried Cream cheese:
- 1 pound cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
Mix very well. For grilled sandwiches you actually have to use very little per sandwich. For snacks you can pile it up on savory biscuits.
3. Cheddar cheese filling:
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped olives or pickles
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper to taste
Mix well and pile up on those sandwiches!
4. Roquefort cheese filling:
- 1/2 pound Roquefort cheese broken up with a fork
- 1 cup butter
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of prepared mild mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix well. This one is not for the faint hearted!
Meaty Grilled Sandwich Ideas
The next grilled sandwich ideas I have are for "meaty" grilled sandwich ideas. These grilled sandwich ideas are very tasty and can serve as a hearty meal or in snack sizes they are even suitable as starters.
1. Luxury Chicken Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup chopped chicken
- 6 tablespoons of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons butter
Mix well. Once again you will not spread the sandwiches with butter as the filling is moist enough.
2. Ham filling:
- 1 cup ground ham
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- cayenne pepper to taste
Mix well and use as a filling without spreading the bread with butter.
3. Peanut and bacon filling:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cooked, ground bacon
- mayonnaise to moisten (you can also use salad cream)
Mix well and use as filling on bread that has not been spread with butter.
Your favorite Grilled Sandwich
Do you prefer savory or sweet grilled sandwiches?See results without voting
Sweet Grilled Sandwich Ideas
As strange as ti may sound, these sweet grilled sandwich ideas are actually very tasty!
1. Raisins filling:
- 1/3 cup chopped raisins
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- salt to taste
Mix well and spread on your sandwiches without spreading them with butter first.
2. Pineapple filling:
Mix grated pineapple, cream cheese, chopped nuts and salad cream to taste.
3. Honey filling:
Mix grated Gouda or any sweetmilk cheese with honey and salad cream to taste
4. Ginger filling:
Mix finely chopped ginger preserve with any cheese of your choice and moisten with salad cream
5. Orange filling:
Mix marmalade, grated carrot and salad cream to taste.
More by this Author
When making cards and other crafts that use pressed flowers, one has two options. You can buy flowers that are already pressed, or you can press your own. While buying pressed flowers can save you some time, the costs...
Here are some top tips on how to lose leg fat.
Looking at a homemade water filtration using charcoal and sand can be a very good way to get clear, clean house water. As the need for clean water grows so will the need for water filters. Making a Homemade Charcoal...