How To Make Grilled Goat Cheese, Chicken and Apple Salad - An Easy Recipe
This grilled goat cheese, chicken and apple salad is a flavorful twist on the traditional grilled chicken salad. The grilled goat cheese is what brings this recipe together. Combined with the savory chicken and grilled, sweet and tart apples, this dish is going to become one of your favorite grilling recipes. It is so good, your family will think a chef dropped by to make your dinner.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast per person
- (1) ¼ to ½ inch thick slice goat cheese per person
- 1 large Granny Smith or Golden Delicious apple per person, cored and sliced in rounds, about ¼ inch thick
- 2 or 3 romaine lettuce leaves per person
- rough chopped, toasted walnuts
- Extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
(You will also need a cast iron griddle or skillet)
- Light the grill. If using a gas grill, light the end burners, turned to high, and leave the center burner off. If using charcoal or wood, arrange the fire to leave a cool space in the middle. Allow the grill to heat, and the fire to die down to a bed of hot coals and ash.
- Lightly oil each chicken breast, and season with salt, pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the chicken breasts and remove from the fire. Allow to rest before slicing or cubing for the salad.
- Lightly oil a cast iron griddle or skillet, place over the coals and heat. When the griddle is hot, cook the goat cheese slices on one side only, until browned and crisped. Remove from the pan, and place cooked side up on a holding plate. Remove the griddle from the grill.
- Lightly oil the apple slices and place on the grate over the coals. Cook each side until light grill marks appear. Remove from the grill, and cut into bite size pieces.
- Lightly oil the lettuce leaves and grill both sides until char marks appear. Do not allow the lettuce to wilt.
- Chop the chicken, apple slices and grilled cheese into bite size pieces. Toss in a bowl with the toasted walnuts.
- Place two or three grilled lettuce leaves on each plate, fill with the grilled cheese and chicken mixture. Drizzle lightly with olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- How to Grill Chicken to Perfection | eHow.com
How to Grill Chicken to Perfection. How to grill chicken is one of the most asked questions during BBQ season. Burned on the outside, undercooked chicken isn't safe. Overcooked, or just plain burned chicken is dry and tastes awful....
More by this Author
With several grapevines growing in our yard, we typically have more than we can use in the season. The grape harvest doesn't last that long. Most of them ripen at just about the same time. And, they have to be picked as...
Aioli pizza, or white pizza, has a flavor entirely different than traditional pies made with a tomato sauce. Aioli is a garlic mayonnaise. While you could add roasted garlic to mayonnaise to make this recipe, I prefer a...
When I was growing up, a special treat was a burger at Bob's Big Boy. It is still one of my favorite memories from my childhood. Unfortunately, Bob's Big Boy closed, and took their burgers with them. After searching and...