Goulash (German Gulasch) Recipe Cooking with the Electric Power Pressure German Recipes
Goulash in less than 30 minutes with the Power Pressure Cooker
German Goulash (Gulasch) The Power Pressure Cooker makes cooking Goulash quick and easy. Before cooking with the pressure cooker, it would take me about 1 1/2 to 2 hours to prepare the goulash, standing over the stove and constantly stirring. If the stew meat did not cook long enough this dish could turn out tough and chewy. Perfect tender and juicy every time. Cooks in 25 to 30 minutes!
Recipe from my Mother Johanna (Oma) Blanchette
Goulash (Beef Stew) Recipe Cooking with the Power Pressure CookerClick thumbnail to view full-size
Ingredients for Goulash Beef Stew
- 1 lb Stew Meet, Beef or Pork
- 1 pkg Maggi Beef Stew Seasoning Mix Gulasch
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 fresh basil, whole
- 1 small onion, chopped or sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 tbsp sour cream, optional
- 1 cup water
- 4 spriggs parsley
- 1 tsp paprika
Goulash recipe instructions
- Turn power pressure cooker to Chicken/Meat setting. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, saute onions, garlic, mushrooms and basil
- Add Beef or Pork and brown
- Prepare the Maggi Beef Stew Gulasch Seasoning mix in a separate pot. Add 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of Red Wine and bring to a boil.
- Once the stew meat is browned add the Gulasch Mix. Place the lid on the Power Cooker, lock the lid and switch the pressure release valve to closed. Press the Warm/Cancel button on the Power Pressure Cooker XL. Press the Soup/Stew button and set the timer to 30 minutes. Once the timer reaches 0, the cooker will switch to Keep Warm. Switch the pressure release valve to open. When Steam is completely released, remove the lid.
- When the goulash is finished add 2 tbsp sour cream into the sauce and serve over noodles.
- Prepare the egg noodles according to package instructions. Serve the goulash over the noodles with a salad. Serves 4 --
- Garnish with Parsley and Ground Paprika
- Tip: Can be served with Spatzle
Goulash Seasoning Mix
Power Pressure Cooker XL
About the Author
Brigitte Thompson is a Texas Realtor with Austin Texan Realty who enjoys blogging about her community and her favorite recipes.
Safety Tips when cooking with the Power Pressure Cooker XL
- Always make sure the lid is locked
- Switch the release valve to to closed
- When the cooker is done, use a potholder or tongs to switch the release valve to open
- Keep hands and face away from the steam as it releases
- Unplug the cooker when done
- I know my dog likes to hover around when I am cooking --- Don't feed your pet any scraps that contain Onions (smile)
More by this Author
Avery Ranch Main Amenities and MAC Pool Center located in Avery Ranch, Cedar Park Texas. Park location and information, photos and video, tennis courts, Volleyball Courts, Playgrounds, Bike & Hike
- 3Things to do at Lake Belton Temple TX Marinas |Boating | Camping | Fishing | Hiking Trails | RV | BLORA | TX Lakes
Lake Belton TX - Public boat ramp and campground information. Great place for the family to enjoy boating, fishing, camping, swimming, horseback riding & more. TX Lakes at it's best.
BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe, reviews for cooking with the power pressure cooker XL, meals in less than 30 minutes