HUBBALICIOUS Food Contest: A Travel Man's Review
If FOOD is the topic, everybody listen. Each one of us has its own share of experience, whether its big or simple. Basically we are fond of eating. It's the way we live in this world.
That's why, with all the enthusiasm being given by hubbers by publishing hubs about foods, cooking and its health benefits, the HubPages Staff launched the "Hubbalicious Food Contest" that covered the whole month of June 2010.
All hubbers are kitchen lovers, I conclude; those who love to eat and those who love to cook. Old recipes from our grandmothers were contributed and earned recognition from the judges.
WIN or LOSE, I still commend my fellow hubbers who've won in the four-week competition. To those who took home the prizes and adoration of fellow hubbers and to those who aren't recognize, the appreciation of HP Staff is boundless due to the success of the competition.
All of us contributed equally worthy, fleshy and mouth-watering hubs with a goal to get the nod or approval of the judges (whether they chose it randomly or not).
So, it all ends well that ends well. Congratulations to all of us!!!
Hail to Hubbalicious Judges
No doubt, they're the authority when judging about food contest. Hubpages staff didn't chose them because they knew them personally or just a stone's throw away from their head office in the USA to be the critics of many hubbers from around the world who participated in the contest, but they're famous in their own right with their countless achievements.
If you have time, let's thank them for a job well done. I don't know them personally, but with all the food presentation and the way they took photos and videos on their blogs and YouTube accounts, you'll surely be enticed to appreciate their efforts.
Break a leg, fellow hubbers!!! Where's the champagne? Let's party with them!!!
- Jules Clancy - A Blogger with a site called Stone Soup and a YouTube account in her namesake and Facebook account. First, a blogger at heart, this Australian continued her mother's work, June Clancy due to her abrupt demise on August of 2007. She's also into radio show called Jules Clancy: Minimalist Cooking 24-6-10 at Radio Wammo Show, Kiwi FM. You can download her free recipes on Minimalist Home Cooking.
- John Birdsall - SFoodie Editor, SF Weekly and based in San Francisco, California. You can listen to him at Street Food Talk on KQED Radio Show and follow SFoodie Weekly at twitter.com.
- Phil Vettel - is a Restaurant Critic at the Chicago Tribune and a blogger himself. He dines out approximately 200 night a year, covering restaurants in a six-county region that stretches from Racine, Wisconsin to Valparaiso, Indiana, and occasionally beyond. He writes a weekly restaurant review, a "Table Hopping" column of restaurant news and events, and oversees the production of staff-written reviews in four suburban zones. He also produces the "Dining Guide," a twice-yearly section covering dining trends, news and reviews at WGNTV-WGN.
- Joy Wilson - A very prolific blogger with her site: Joy The Baker. As if whatever she say sounds like poetry to the ears of eager readers and admirers. A 29 year-old gal, who pays taxes, do the jury, patiently line up at the post office without heavy sighs and floss. Yes, she floss a lot! Watch her show her expertise at her YouTube account.
- Tracy Wilhelmsen - is also a blogger with her site: Tracy's Culinary Adventures. She's based in Rhode Islands and juggles her time being an attorney, a baker, a blogger and a sports enthusiast-rolled into one.
So, there, hubbers. Any doubts we have in mind, please forget it. They're the most trusted people Hubpages gave an authority to declare who's worthy of accolades in this years Hubbalicious Food Contest, CHEERS!!!
Joy The Baker
Jules Clancy c/o Radio Wammo
Phil Vettel of Chicago Tribune interviews Dr. Alan Hirsch
These are the results for the monthlong Hubbalicious Food Contest. Travel Man noted that several hubbers won twice or thrice the alloted prices. Congratulations!!!
Week 1 - Cooking Ingredients
Tuesday, June 1: Beans & Pulses or Rices & Grains • Daily Drawing Winner: akirchner
Wednesday, June 2: Cheese & Dairy • Daily Drawing Winner: liswilliams
Thursday, June 3: Herbs & Spices or Extracts & Flavoring • Daily Drawing Winner: Sheila Wilson
Friday, June 4: Meat & Poultry or Seafood • Daily Drawing Winner: Kathryn Vercillo
Saturday, June 5: Fruits or Vegetables • Daily Drawing Winner: debweave
Sunday, June 6: Baking Supplies or Doughs & Crusts or Leaveners & Yeast • Daily Drawing Winner: Twenty One Days
Monday, June 7: Condiments or Vinegars or Oils & Shortenings • Daily Drawing Winner: classicalgeek
Week 2 - Cooking Techniques
Tuesday, June 8: Beans & Grains • Daily Drawing Winner: Angela Harris
Wednesday, June 9: Soups or Stocks & Sauces • Daily Drawing Winner: Twenty One Days
Thursday, June 10: Barbecuing or Grilling • Daily Drawing Winner: Kathryn Vercillo
Friday, June 11: Beef, Lamb & Pork or Fish or Poultry • Daily Drawing Winner: habee
Saturday, June 12: Starches, Potatoes & Rice or Cold Preparation of Fruits & Vegetables • Daily Drawing Winner: Twenty One Days
Sunday, June 13: Baking • Daily Drawing Winner: susanlang
Monday, June 14: Cooking Utensils • Daily Drawing Winner: KCC Big Country
Week 3 - Recipes
Tuesday, June 15: Breakfast Recipes • Daily Drawing Winner: melbel
Wednesday, June 16: Starter & Snack Recipes • Daily Drawing Winner: bengreenfield
Thursday, June 17: Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes • Daily Drawing Winner: Pamela99
Friday, June 18: Dessert Recipes • Daily Drawing Winner: oceansnsunsets
Saturday, June 19: Beverage Recipes • Daily Drawing Winner: PhoenixV
Sunday, June 20: Quick & Easy Recipes • Daily Drawing Winner: PhoenixV
Monday, June 21: Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes • Daily Drawing Winner: Angela Harris
Week 4 - World Cuisines
Tuesday, June 22: Central Asian or South Asian • Daily Drawing Winner: habee
Wednesday, June 23: Central, Northern and Eastern European or Western European or Southern European • Daily Drawing Winner: melbel
Thursday, June 24: Central American or South American • Daily Drawing Winner: rmcrayne
Friday, June 25: Southeast Asian • Daily Drawing Winner: oceansnsunsets
Saturday, June 26: East Asian • Daily Drawing Winner: PhoenixV
Sunday, June 27: Middle Eastern or East African • Daily Drawing Winner: Pearldiver
Monday, June 28: Fusion or Creole • Daily Drawing Winner: Money Glitch
For the Best HUB every week:
Week 1: Cooking Ingredients Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Blue Cheese by Paige Masters A Cook's Guide to Lean Fishes by habee
While for Week 4: Voting is not officially over while I'm doing this hub. But the votes casted by fellow hubbers favored the most prolific hubber to date: habee.
More by this Author
Eating street food is the favorite past time of many bystanders and pedestrians. The smell of food being cooked along the streets may entice you to buy from the street hawkers. The only caution is whether, it is clean...
Filipino cuisine is truly the melting pot in Asia. We have all the influences among other leading cuisines around the world.
Ever heard of sweet rice cake? Perhaps not, when you're still not living here in the Philippines. Let me teach you on how to make this Filipino delicacy. Get ready with your sweet tooth.