Halibut with Curried Vegetables | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Friday is fish day in many households. While the genesis of this may have been the Catholic Church; it has been adopted by many protestant households as well. In the Mid- West when I was growing up, many of the Clubs and Veterans Groups would hold Friday Fish Fries, although sometimes combine it to a Surf and Turf Menu but with a Fish Only Option available. This is a recipe out of The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book that gives you the heartiness of a good steak, the health benefits of a good piece of fish, and the tang of curried Veggies. The yogurt is a great ‘neutral coolness’ that is a great combination for this dish for those with a more sensitive pallet. However you choose to serve it, Do Enjoy!!
Halibut with Curried Veggies
1/3 cup Olive Oil, divided
¼ cup Dry White Wine
1 tbsp Parsley, minced
¼ tsp salt
1/8 tsp Pepper
1 ½ lbs Halibut Steak, cut 1 inch thick, (750 grams)
¼ tsp Curry Powder
1 ½ cup Carrots, thin sliced diag cut
1 ½ cup Cauliflower Florets, sliced
1 cup Scallions, diag sliced
Plain Yogurt if desired
- In a mixing bowl, combine 3 tbsp Olive Oil, Wine, Parsley, Salt, and Paper; Blend well.
- Place Halibut Steaks on Broiler Pan, brush with Olive Oil mixture
- Set you Broiler pan to have the fish 4-5 inches (10-12 cm) from the heat source, broil each side approximately 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Brush occasionally with the Olive Oil mix while broiling.
- In a skillet over medium heat; heat the remaining Olive Oil. Add curry powder and heat for 1 minute, then add Carrots and Cauliflower; saute until crisp and tender, Add the Scallions and heat through.
- Arrange Halibut and vegetables on a serving platter ; serve with yogurt on the side, if desired.
Yield 6 Servings
More From The Cupboard Drawer
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
More by this Author
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...