Hamburger Parmesan | The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
Here is a family favorite way to give a special taste to hamburgers. It’s a great variety play on prepping this American staple, and the use of Ground Chuck adds succulence in a cost effective way. Serve it with the easy side dishes like Spaghetti, Mac and Cheese, or a simple veggie like corn, carrots, or peas. This is a Dorothy original in “The Cupboard Drawer” and has been a tried and true favorite since I was 11 years old (yes folks it’s that good, I can still remember the first time my Mom made this well over 40 years ago.). So as always, Do Enjoy…
2 Lb Ground Chuck
1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
1 tsp Garlic salt or powder
¼ tsp Pepper
½ Cup All-Purpose Flour
2 Eggs Beaten with 1 tbsp of water
¾ Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
¼ Cup Salad or Olive Oil
8 slices Mozzarella Cheese
1 Jar (32 oz) Spaghetti Sauce w Mushrooms, divided (16-16oz)
4 tbsp Parmesan or Romano Cheese grated
1 Lb Spaghetti cooked and drained.
Pre Heat Oven to 400 Deg F (205 C)
- In a large bowl, lightly toss Ground Chuck with Parsely, seasoned salt and pepper until well mixed. Shape into 8 patties.
- Coat both sides of each patty with flour. Then dip into egg mix, and finally coat with bread crumbs.
- Coat the bottom of a 12 X 8 X 2 inch baking dish with approx 1/3 of one of the portions of sauce.
- In hot oil in a large skillet, cook patties on both sides until nicely browned. Arrange in 1 layer in the coated baking dish.
- Top each of the patties with a slice of Mozzarella, Pour the remaining portion of Sauce over the patties and sprinkle with Parmesan or Romano Cheese
- Bake in the 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Heat the remaining portion of Spaghetti Sauce and serve over the chosen side dish Spaghetti, veggies etc.
Yield 8 Servings
I should also note, that for smaller families making eight may seem overdoing it. Well I’m here to tell you that these get even better in the freezer! So make the whole thing and let the extra cool to room temp under a loose foil cover. When cool pack with some sauce in tupper/plastic ware that has a sealed lid. They will keep for months in the freezer (I personally can vouch for six weeks but I couldn’t stand the wait any longer) and the longer they age the better they get. Reheat in Microwave for 3-4 mins per burger on high
See More of The Cupboard Drawer Recipes
- The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book
The Cupboard Drawer Recipe Book, was first published in September 1988 by my Father Mel Ellis, from recipes that literally were in the cupboard drawer that had been collected over the years by my Mom,...
More by this Author
An adult only version of Twas the Night before Christmas, retitled "Twas the Night Before X-mas" Great adult party poem keeping in the seasons lighter side...Twas the night before x-mas; And all through the...
Here are a few of the $100K jobs available.. Jobs are in US Government locations overseas., Potential 100K+ during periods of deployment,
Easy diet dinner basics that can be used for 36 different meals off just these ingredients. A great set of night time diet recipes for less than 500 calories per meal. Pretty simple weight loss idea, as for the food Do...