Happy Harvest Cookies
Festive Fall Treats
When Fall arrives with it's beautiful colors and the stores begin stock all the Halloween candy I am always tempted to purchase Candy Corn. I love to mix it with Dry Roasted Peanuts and Mini Marshmallows to make a colorful and tasty snack mix.
Today as I was making sugar cookies I decided to top some of them with this "Happy Harvest" mixture and I am happy to say the cookies turned out really pretty and yummy!
I hope you enjoy making and eating these festive easy to put together cookie treats.
- 2 Cups Baking Mix, (Jiffy or Bisquick)
- 2/3 Cup Sugar
- 5 Tablespoons Butter or Margarine, Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- Harvest Mixture Topping: Candy Corn, Dry Roasted Peanuts, Mini Marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease baking sheet. Combine all ingredients except candy corn, peanuts and marshmallows. Roll dough into teaspoon sized balls. Put on baking sheet and make indent in middle of ball with thumb. Fill indent in each cookie with the "Harvest Mixture" which is a small amount of chopped peanuts, 1 or 2 mini marshmallows and 1 or 2 candy corn (amounts depending on the size of your cookies)
- During baking the marshmallows and candy corn will melt and will fuze together with the peanuts making a pretty and yummy center in the cookie.
More Photos of Happy Harvest CookiesClick thumbnail to view full-size
More by this Author
Which pillow will you be sleeping on tonite? The pillow scented with the sweet fragrance of roses of forgiveness or the thorny pillow filled with the discomfort of un-forgiveness.
We often hear the term "holding a grudge". What is a "grudge", what does it look like, and how does one "hold it"?
No comments yet.