Harlan's Home Made Tocino
Tocino (Pork or Chicken)
2 lb Boneless Chicken Breast/Thigh ( or Pork Meat whichever you prefer)
1 Cup Soy Sauce (I preferred Datu Puti or Silver Swan Brand)
3 Tbspn of Lemon or Calamansi Juice
1 Tspn of Iodize Salt
1 Tspn of black ground pepper
1 Tspn of Paprika Powder
1 Tspn of Chili Powder
1 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar
1/3 Tspn of MSG (optional)
1. Make thin slices of the chicken or pork that you will use.
2. Marinate it into the Soysauce with the Salt and Lemon for 2 hours. Let the meat absorb it first.
3. Put all the remaining Ingredients, the Paprika Powder, Chili Powder, Ground Pepper, Brown Sugar and if you opt to put the MSG but I don't use MSG myself.
4. Mix it well, and place in a closed Tupperware or Zip lock, leave it in your refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
5. Fry in cooking oil until it gets dark brown, just dont overcook it.
More by this Author
Ingredients: 2 lbs Glutinous Rice Flour (Mochico Brand if available) 1 lb Sweet Potato 1/2 lb Brown Sugar 1 Cup of Water 12 oz Sesame Seed Sweet Mung-Bean Paste or Purple Yam Jam 16 fl oz Canola Oil or...