Hashbrown Casserole With Broccoli And Cheese And Chicken Recipe
Tired Of The Same Old Broccoli And Cheese Recipes?
This is the best broccoli and cheese you are ever going to have! Adding just a few more things to it really makes a difference.
This recipe is intended to basically be your whole meal. However, if you take the chicken out, you could very easily do this as just a side dish. I myself, like all of it together! The kids even love it. Now that's saying something.
- 1 Package Frozen Broccoli
- 1 Bag Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 2.5 lb. Bag
- 2 Bags Shredded Mexican Cheese, 8 oz. Bags
- 1 Bag Frozen Hashrowns, Halfway Thawed
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom
- 1 Tub Sour Cream
- 1 Medium Onion
- Handful of Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Dashes of Pepper
- 1/2 Stick of Butter
Tired of your food sticking to your metal or glass pan?
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bring large pan of water to a hard boil. (I salt the water). Add the frozen chicken breast. Bring water back to a boil then turn heat down to medium, and cover with lid. Cook the chicken breast at a low boil for about 45 minutes. Once the chicken is done, remove from water and put on a cutting board to the side. Do not cut into the chicken until it has cooled for at least 10 minutes. Cutting into hot meat will make the meat dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the halfway thawed hash browns, tub of sour cream, can of soup, and 1 of the 8 oz. bags of shredded cheese first. Mix well.
- Once you have that mixed, add a palm full of Steak Seasoning, and stir in. I also grind some pepper in and add salt.
- Chop onion to desired size, (I prefer small) And add into the hash brown mixture.
- Cut your chicken into desired size chunks, and put in next.
- Now with the broccoli- I like to also have it about halfway thawed. You want to be able to chop it up too. Don't cut it too small, you want to be able to taste it. Chop up just enough so the chunks are the size you would like them. Add the broccoli last.
- Put mixture into (I prefer 8x8 stone casserole baking dish) and spread evenly. Take the half stick of butter and cut into chunks all over the top of the casserole. Lightly salt and pepper over the top of the butter.
- Pour the 2nd 8 oz. bag of shredded cheese all over the top. Make sure the cheese covers the entire top of the casserole.
- Put into the oven (uncovered) for about 45 minutes to an hour. If you like the cheese on your casserole to be a little more brown in color, turn on the broiler and leave for just a few minutes.
- Let it stand for about 20 minutes before serving
Time To Eat!
Enjoy your cheesy hash brown potato casserole with broccoli and cheese and chicken!
Hashbrown Casserole with Broccoli Cheese and Chicken
Try These Delicious Recipes Too.....
- Easy Velveeta Cheese And Chili Dip Recipe
2 Lb. Block Velveeta Cheese 16 oz. Jar of your favorite Salsa (Medium or Hot, it's what you like best) 15 oz. can of Hormel Chili No Beans (you can use a generic brand, it works just fine....
- Velveeta Cheesy Chicken Potato Soup Recipe
O.K., so I have been writing about getting healthy, and exercising, and all of that good stuff. Just to let you know ahead of time, this is surely not a soup to eat when trying to cut calories. But, it is...
- Best Recipe, Meat Lasagna With Velveeta
For a very long time now, Lasagna has been a meal made for comfort and warmth. When we want something for dinner that is different from our every day eating habits, many of us turn to Italian food. It is...
- Chicken Salad Recipe, Da Bomb!
Hellman's Mayonnaise 3/4 of a jar (Only Hellman's!) 2.5 pound bag of frozen boneless skinless chicken breast 2 stalks of celery 1 medium yellow or white onion (whichever you prefer) ...
More by this Author
Cheesy Velveeta Meat Lasagna!
Best chicken salad reipe ever. Simple and fast
Feel better about your thinning hair. Tips on handling it while working on getting thicker hair.
No comments yet.