Hawaiian Frank and Beans recipe
1931 PINEAPPLE ADVERTISEMENT
This recipe is from an old church cookbook from the early 1960's. For a time everything from Hawaii was rather chic and exotic. There were lots of recipes calling for pineapple or other items from the newest state in the union.
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 20 ounce can pineapple rings
- package hot dogs
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 31 ounce can pork and beans
- Drain pineapple rings, reserving syrup. Cut into chunks.
- Saute green pepper, onion, pineapple and hot dogs in butter.Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, catsup and brown sugar. Heat until bubbly.
- Pour beans into large baking dish, add pineapple mix and stir gently to blend.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
More by this Author
Humor has changed somewhat through the years but funny is still funny. I have been collecting some old jokes from about 1900 and I thought I would share a few. I have only included ones that are actually funny and I...
Large free cross stitch pattern of the painting, Mona Lisa.
Links to dozens of free cross stitch patterns, many based on vintage advertising images, especially fruit crate label designs.