Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits and Uses
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar, known as cider vinegar, is a type of vinegar made by the fermentation of apple cider. Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective natural bacteria-fighting agent that contains many vital minerals and trace elements such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, chlorine, sodium, sulfur, copper, iron, silicon and fluorine that are vital for a healthy body. For centuries people have been using natural apple cider vinegar as both a food and a medicine for themselves and for their pets as a home remedy for many diseases and conditions.
Health Benefits and Uses of Apple Cider Vinegar
There are many applications and Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful cooking ingredient and can add to the tangy taste to many drinks and deepens the flavors of numerous foods.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to help in lowering the blood glucose levels.
- Apple cider vinegar (or pills) is a natural appetite suppressant and may be helpful with weight loss.
- Apple cider vinegar has an alkalinizing effect on the body and can neutralize the effects of too many acid foods.
- For a natural remedy for Dandruff apply equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water on hair and wash it after 2-3 hours.
- An effective home cure for Acne can be one part apple cider vinegar to three parts water.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is also wonderful for pets and can help them with arthritic conditions, fleas and give a healthy shine to their coats.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used to sooth sunburns and insect bites.
- One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey in six to eight ounces of water in mid-morning and mid-afternoon provide an extra boost of energy until the next meal.
- For aching feet, immerse your feet on warm water after adding half a cup of apple cider vinegar to it. This works well for athlete's foot.
- Mix ten green grapes, two teaspoons apple cider vinegar, one teaspoon honey and one teaspoon oatmeal in a blender. Apply this mixture on face and neck once in a week for a clean and smooth complexion.
- Apple Cider Vinegar makes a wonderful remedy for bad breath or halitosis. Use this mixture as gargle.
- Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective body odor remedy. Wipe apple cider vinegar underneath the arm for armpit odor and underneath the foot for foot odor.
- Cider vinegar detoxifies and helps with the cleansing and clotting processes of the blood, by helping along the blood oxidation process.
- Cider vinegar is thought to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritis, as a beverage or with compresses soaked in hot vinegar applied directly to the joints.
Apart from this Apple Cider Vinegar is also a natural cure for acne, age spots, constipation, diarrhea, asthma, nose bleeds, osteoporosis, colds, muscle cramps, colitis, diabetes, depression, dizziness, ear discharge, eczema, fatigue, gallstones, kidney stones, hay fever, headaches, hiccups, indigestion, insomnia, kidney and bladder problems, metabolism, nasal congestion, sore throats, stiff joints and ulcers.
More by this Author
Turmeric, also known as the Indian Saffron, is widely used in Ayurveda Medicine because of its numerous health benefits. Given are uses of turmeric, religious significance and haldi milk recipes.
Barley Grain is the oldest of all cultivated grains and have numerous health benefits. Check this hub for Uses of Barley, Types, Nutritional value and recipes of pudding, Soup and drink using barly.
The Internet has revolutionized the way we shop. Learn about ten benefits and advantages to online shopping and reasons why everyone's doing it!