Health Benefits Of Edible Bird Nest
Edible Bird Nest
Have you ever come across the bird nest before?
Nope, don’t get me wrong, I am not referring to the “home” that built by the birds, but the edible bird nest which traditionally believed to provide various health benefits. It is not only the most expensive animal products consumed by humans but one of the widely used health foods in Chinese communities.
What Is Edible Bird Nest?
Doesn't it sound unbelievable? Yes, it is indeed, and it is quite amazing actually. But what is the edible bird nest then actually? Well, Care to get a more in-depth knowledge and a better understanding of what the bird nest really is from me?
If so, let’s start now…
Well, I hope you don’t find it disgusting if I am going to tell you that the bird nest is actually comes from the saliva of Swiftlet, which formerly harvested from caves near the shoreline until recent years it can be easily found in the houses and large buildings that the Swiftlets are “farmed”.
Its Cost Can Burst One's Pocket
The edible bird nests are available in limited parts of the world commonly in the South-East Asian regions such as China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Thailand, India and Malaysia.
The Swiftlet is the only kind of bird that capable of producing edible bird nest. However, it is only small portion of the Swiftlet build the edible nest.
Due to the scarcity of the sources and high demand because of the great health benefits, a bowl of bird nest can actually burst one’s pocket. Yes, a bowl of bird nest soup would cost $30 USD to $100 USD in Hong Kong. Isn't it expensive?
However, it definitely worth it.
Nutrition Of The Bird Nest
Well, let’s go in further details of the nutrients that it contains.
- Proteins – bird nest has special protein that contains biological active molecules and can help in the building of cells, its growth and post-sickness recovery and improve the metabolism of fat.
- Water soluble glyco-protein – well, it is a biomolecule composed of a protein and carbohydrate. It is important for immune cell recognition. The glycoprotein promotes cell growth and tissue repair. It is a rejuvenating agent that also contains epidemic growth factor which promotes cell growth and tissue repair.
- Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF) – a protein that catalyzes the healing process by causing epidermal and epithelial cells to divide and grow.
- Glucosamine - a natural substance needed by our body to protect our joints from degenerating, and believed to be able to prevent the users from suffering from osteoarthritis.
- EPG - stimulates the growth of skin and cell fission, promote regenerative power of body tissues, accelerate body metabolism, promote healing of wounds and also strengthen oxygen affinity in cells and resist ageing. This will then fortify the immunity of the body and increase resistance of the body towards damage caused by X-rays and other radiation.
- Amino acids - Minerals like calcium, sodium and potassium are also found in the bird nest. Minerals are essential for the increase of body resistance against diseases. It also contains antioxidant which basically helps in anti-aging. It retards the process of ageing.
Health Benefits Of Bird Nest
Okay, now what? Benefits that the bird nest offer of course. I bet you are going to surprise how the saliva made bird nest can provide so many health benefits to us amazingly…
Let's see how it helps:-
For women - Frequent consumption results in fairer skin, helps women to stay young and look radiant as it is rich in collagen, protein and vitamins which help rejuvenate the complexion, the skin, maintain youthfulness and prevent wrinkles.
For pregnant women - Consumption of bird nest during pregnancy would result in the birth of a child with fair skin.
It is a perfect tonic for expectant mothers and their soon to be babies. Regular consumption during pregnancy can strengthen the body of the mother and fetus.
It will improve immune functions of the fetus and the mothers will be to recover easily after giving birth. And it increases fat metabolism, detoxify, slimming and reduce stretch marks.
For menopause women – They may be improved by consuming the bird nest.
For men - Improves kidney and strengthens lungs, so not inclined to get weak.
For elderly – Maintain their general health and well-being. It prevents cancer, strengthens the lungs and kidneys, improves spleen, clear phlegm, aids digestion as well as enhances appetite.
For children – It increases the body functions and immunity in infants and youth, including brain growth, intelligence and strengthens heart functions.
Other Health Benefits
So, do you think the above mentioned are the most that the edible bird nest can offer? Nope, there are more to share with you here...
- For those who have just undergone surgery, it is the most suitable nutritional supplement for them to absorb lots of natural essence.
- For those who constantly work late.
- For those who lack of sleep, their skins are sure to lose nutrients. The replenishment of bird nest containing Vitamin C and collagen will help to regain elasticity.
- Promotes quick recovery from lung infection.
- Anti-phlegm and anti-coughing.
- Beneficial for coughs including asthma, persistent cough, blood phlegm and bronchitis.
- Cooling down body heat especially for those who are easy to suffer fever.
- Assists in improving the breathing system.
- Helps release the stress.
- Enhances the rebirth of cells and tissues.
- Enhances the body's immune system through promotion of cell division.
- Strengthens the body's self-regulating actions and resistance to disease.
- Improves heart functions and reduces blood pressure.
- Regulates blood supply all around the body.
- Assists in the prevention of cancer through rich antioxidants.
- Aides in the regeneration and growth of cells.
- Increases skin moisture and elasticity.
- Reduces skin wrinkle and fine blood capillaries.
- Anti aging and keeps young forever.
- Reducing fatigue. Helps in the recovery of sickness and fatigue.
- Improves in conditions such as regular sweating and urinating problems.
- Improves conditions such as dry throat, sore throat, constipation, nausea in post-radio/therapy patients.
- Creates antibodies and prevents the damage from bacteria and virus.
- Regulates the pressure of cell permeability.
Those Who Are Not Advisable To Try
Well, such a long list till here, what do you think about the edible bird nest?
Amazing, isn't it? It sounds that it benefits any and every one regardless their age and gender...However, please take note though that the below mentioned people are not advisable to give it a try...
- Those who are allergic to protein.
- The infants below 4 years old.
- Those who contract influenza.
- Patients who suffer from other sickness and without medical treatment.
Best Hour To Consume
Well, you can have the bird nest whenever you want but the best hour to consume is 1 – 2 hours before bed at night.
Take note also that it is best consumed at room temperature or chilled on an empty stomach. And it is advised not to eat any “heat” snacks or medication a few hours before and after drinking the bird nest soup.
The Simplest Yet Purest Way
Share it here with you the simplest yet purest way that I mostly prefer...
Cook time: 2 ½ hours.
- 2 ounces of Bird’s nest.
- 6 tablespoons of Crushed rock sugar.
- 4 cups of Water.
Before everything, soak the bird nest first.
- Place the bird nest in a bowl of water that has been freshly boiled and cooled down.
- Make sure the bowl is big enough for the bird nest to expand about 7 times bigger.
- Soak the bird nest for about 2 to 4 hours.
- Place the bird nest that has been soaked in the pot and add 4 cups of water.
- Boil and simmer until the bird nests are quite soft.
- Add the rock sugar and simmer for another half an hour.
- Serve the soup hot.
That's it. Easy huh?
Hope you enjoy this hub of mine. Thanks...
Great Read You May Have Missed
- The Health Benefits Of Mulberry
Are you being tempted by mulberries? Hey, what’s in your mind now? Well, how about considering this very useful mulberry tree for the garden or on a commercial scale?
- What is shuttlecock(Chinese jianzi)? What are they made of and how to make?
Jianzi,a highly recommended game or hobby that benefits our entire body and enhances our physical fitness with mostly the kicking move...
- Best romantic love quotes for him
Men do love the sweet words as women do, who never wants to have the feeling of appreciation? Dedicate your love to him by send him some sweet quotes and ready yourself to see his sweet and blissful smile on his face...
- How to discover your talent
Talents are the great and natural gifts that a person is born with, don’t ever waste it…it belongs to you and no one can ever grab it away.
- Activities And Nutrition That Necessary For Us To Get A Fit And Healthy Body
Choose to believe that we have to be well consumed with the nutrition before the exercises could actually do their works.
- Benefits of petai
A natural remedy for many ills that those who love this magic bean may find it their favorite though frankly I should say, it is not everyone’s cup of tea because of its stinky smell.
Have you tried edible bird nest before?See results without voting
© 2012 Injured lamb
More by this Author
Petai, which bears a nickname of stink bean, a delicious dish with full of nutrition. It helps overcome or prevent a substantial number of illnesses and conditions...
If you are having a special lady in your life; you should know she is just the one who is special enough for you to touch her heart with your sincerity in this very tender of month... you got to believe that sometimes a...