Healthy French Toast: A Healthier French Toast Recipe
French toast came from the genius minds of the French. True French toast is made with cinnamon. This is a key ingredient, so don’t forget the cinnamon!
French toast is considered a delicacy by breakfast lovers everywhere. Okay, maybe I’m exaggerating about the delicacy part. It is a delicacy for me anyway. I thoroughly enjoy French toast. Texturally and taste wise it is a food for sophisticated pallets.
How To Make It
There are a number of ways one can make French toast. Most simply combine egg, milk and cinnamon. This is okay, but kind of boring. You can make it more delicious with a few additions. Perhaps adding a little fruit on the sides, Nutella, or powdered sugar.
How To Make It Healthier
French Toast isn’t considered a health food, but you can make it healthier.
Use free-range organic eggs. You will get the satisfaction of knowing, that the chickens were treated better. Use Whole grain or multigrain bread, it has more fiber and protein and is just better for you. Ditch the artificially flavored syrups and try real maple syrup. It’s more expensive but it taste way better than artificial syrups. Maple syrup is also high in iron.
Recipe For Healthy French Toast
- Two organic free range eggs
- 4 Whole grain bread
- ¼ Cup of organic milk
- Cinnamon (add to taste)
- Vanilla ½ teaspoon
1. Heat the pan up on medium low heat, use a little butter or cooking spray to lightly oil the pan
2. Get the bread out, slice it into strips if your prefer
3. Mix eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla. It should be slightly more milky than eggy.
4. Dip the bread in the egg mixture and place in pan
5. Flip bread to opposite side until both sides are slightly browned
6. Enjoy with extra cinnamon, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or fruit
French toast goes great with bacon, sausage, eggs, fruit and a glass of orange juice
More by this Author
Newfoundland dogs are the best dogs in the world. The Newfoundland is known as the “Gentle Giant” in the dog world. They have the sweetest temperament and make the best family dogs. Their large...
1. Natural hair is healthier than relaxed hair. Relaxers damage the hair shaft. The very chemicals that straighten hair causes irreparable damage. Relaxers leave hair weak and brittle. The hair looks sleek and straight...
African American hair is beautiful. It comes in so many curl patterns and textures. It can be soft and spongy or curly and bouncy, the very thing that makes African American hair beautiful also makes it very fragile....
No comments yet.