Good Healthy Foods
Blueberry Cheese Cake
For the crust:
- Digestive biscuits: 8-10
- Butter (Melted): 25gm
- Eggs: 2
- Castor sugar: 100gm
- Whipped cream: 150gm
- Philadelphia cheese: 150gm
- Gelatin: 10gm
- Water: 10-15ml
- Blueberry filling: 150gm
- Put gelatin and water in a bowl over a double boiler or in microwave oven till transparent. Keep aside.
- Crush the biscuits and mix the butter and line the cups/ring mould with the mixture.
- Take the eggs and beat with the sugar over a double boiler till thick and creamy.
- In another bowl, mix the Philadelphia cheese and blend to a smooth consistency. Add the beaten eggs mixture and fold in the cream.
- Fold in the gelatin and mix well.
- Put the blueberry filling in a piping bag.
- Put the cheesecake for up to 6 hours in the refrigerator, remove from the ring mould and pipe the blueberry filling on top, and serve.
Steamed Sea Bass With Superior Soy Emulsion
· Chilean sea bass 250gm
· Light soya sauce 25ml
· Maggie seasoning 20ml
· Sugar rock 25 gm
· Coriander leaves 50gm
· Dark soya sauce 10ml
· Stock 50 ml
· Ginger 10gm
· Spring onion 10 gm
1. Place the sea bass on a platter with slice of ginger & spring onion.
2. Boil all other ingredients in a pan till sugar is melted.
3. Steam the fish for 5 minutes.
4. Put the boiled sauce on top of fish garnished with spring onion.
Roast Madras Chicken
- Chicken: Two leg portions with skin
- Garlic (crushed): 5-6 cloves
- Honey: 1 ½ table spoon
- Mixed herbs: 1 table spoon
- Curry powder: 2 table spoon
- Rum: 15 ml
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoon
- Fresh basil (chopped): 2-3 table spoons
- White wine: 1 cup
- Stock: 1 cup
- Make gashes on the chicken
- Make a marinade of crushed garlic, honey, curry powder, herbs, rum, fresh basil, olive oil.
- Rub this marinade on the chicken all over in the gashes and under the skin; let it stand for 5 to 6 hours.
- Pan-sear the chicken with a little olive oil for about 5 minutes. This will help color and seal the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 170 or 180 degrees. Place the chicken in a roasting pan and add 1 cup stock and 1 cup white wine and bake for 30-40 minutes minimum or till the chicken is tender.
- Serve with grilled veggies and focaccia bread.
This salad is a powerhouse of nutrients, the assorted lettuce provide you with vitamin K, folates and vitamin C while keeping the calories in check. The asparagus is know for its anti aging properties and its ability to keep the mind sharp. vitamins A,C, E coupled with fiber, folates and the detoxifying compound glutathione make it highly effective against certain forms of cancer.
· Iceberg lettuce
· Cos Lettuce
· Baby Spinach
· Assorted lettuce leaves
· Baby fenugreek
· Broccoli florest (blanched salted water for 2 minutes)
· Fresh green peas (blanched in hot water for 2 minutes)
· Asparagus spears (blanched in hot water for 2 minutes)
1. Place all the ingredients in a salad bowl and dress with the lime vinaigrette
3. Olive oil
5. A few generous grates of the pepper mill.
6. Places all ingredients in a bowl and whip together to get a nice glossy dressing.
Chocolate Chip Muffin
- Flour: 100gm
- Sugar: 100gm
- Butter: 100gm
- Baking powder: ¼ tsp
- Milk: 50ml
- Vanilla: 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder: 1 table spoon
- Chocolate Chips: 150gm
- Eggs: 2
- In a bowl, sift flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and keep aside.
- Put butter and sugar and blend them to cream consistency with a beater till light and pale. Add the eggs one at a time and keep beating on a slow speed. Add the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the flour and chocolate chips into the eggs mixture. Mix all together with a spatula gently; do not over-mix.
- Take a muffin tray and put muffin cups. Put a spoonful of the batter into the muffin tray and bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Check with a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin. If it comes out clean, they are done.
- Flour : 3 cups
- Yeast : 20gm
- Salt : to taste
- Sugar : 1 teaspoon
- Water : 22ml
- Olive oil : 2-3 table spoon
- Mi x flour, salt, sugar, yeast and water in a dough kneader and mix till the dough comes together.
- Shape into a ball, cover with a muslin cloth and let the dough rest in a warm place for a while.
- Roll out the dough into thin rounds and cut it our with the help of a cutter.
- Let it prove for a while and bake in a preheated oven for 5- 6 minutes at 160 -170 degrees.
- Pita breads will puff up a bit.
- For pita bread with zaatar, after rolling out into founds, sprinkle zaatar poeder liberally on the bread, drizzle with olive oil and bake.
More by this Author
Jowar soups which makes your body cool in summer and fat free soup
Indian special recipes which will be prepared on festivals from different parts of India, like Karnataka, Lucknow, Goa, Hyderabad,.....
Love your body and make fashion work for you. Accentuate the good and hide the flaws with fashion fixes that create the right illusions. Get comfortable in your own skin.