Great Dip Recipes: Healthy Recipe For Light Shrimp and Artichoke Dip
Healthy Recipes - Shrimp and Artichoke Spread
I found this recipe in a book called Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh, and Spread It On - a book geared towards revamping recipes that try to take old favorites and put a new and healthy twist on them.
Serve this delicious dip/spread in a small bread bowl. Hollow out the inside and leave a bit of a shell behind inside the bread round - cut the parts that you scoop out into squares or rectangles and then place around the bread bowl for dipping. Saw the top off the bread bowl and set it back on askew for a neat presentation!
RECIPE FOR ARTICHOKE AND SHRIMP SPREAD
- Remove any hard, coarse leaves from the artichoke hearts. Chop slightly and set aside.
- Chop the shrimp slightly and set them aside with the artichoke hearts.
- Stir together sour cream, mayo, Italian seasoning, garlic, onions, vinegar and salt and pepper. Stir to mix well. Stir the mixture into the shrimp and artichokes.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 1/2 hour to 12 hours to blend flavors.
- Serve on fat free crackers or toasted Italian bread slices. Spread keeps in refrigerator 1-2 days.
- See above for serving suggestion in bread bowl - see picture of sourdough loaf.
Recipe courtesy Snack, Munch, Nibble, Nosh and Spread It On
Suggestions on Substitutions
This recipe is pretty perfect as is but the only things I change up or substitute are these:
- For more flavor, you can substitute marinated artichoke hearts
- You can also substitute frozen artichoke hearts (I buy at Trader Joe's)
- Substitute prawns or larger shrimp for the small shrimp
- Use Greek yogurt in place of sour cream for all or part
- Likewise, substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise
- Try adding a different specialty vinegar like champagne vinegar or thyme vinegar
- Add different herbs to taste
- Substitute minced shallots for the minced onions
- Serve with bread cubes cut from the bread bowl you have fashioned
- Use Lavash crackers or other whole grain crackers instead of Italian bread
- Make a bruschetta with the spread on toasted Italian bread or cocktail bread squares
- Add spinach to the recipe - a bit of wilted spinach or thawed, cooked, squeezed
- Add a dash of lemon juice to the recipe
- Serve with fresh vegetables as well as crackers and breads
Summing Up Artichoke and Shrimp Spread
No matter how you make up this dandy little dip/spread, you will find it to be a marvelous addition to your list of healthy recipes.
This little dip weighs in with a mere 26 calories and is low in fat, sodium and cholesterol.
It is one of my favorite healthy recipes and I hope you give it a try. No matter what it is served on, it is a great party spread!
More Variations of Shrimp and Artichoke Dip
- Cooks.com - Recipes - Shrimp Artichoke Dip
- Shrimp and Artichoke Dip Recipe : Paula Deen : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Shrimp and Artichoke Dip recipe from Paula Deen.
- Shrimp-and-Artichoke Dip Recipe - Every Day with Rachael Ray
Try this Shrimp-and-Artichoke Dip recipe from Every Day with Rachael Ray, with how-to cooking tips, ratings and reviews.
- Crock Pot Shrimp and Artichoke Dip or Crab and Artichoke Dip - 300371 - Recipezaar
Try Recipe Crock Pot Shrimp and Artichoke Dip or Crab and Artichoke Dip - 300371 from Recipezaar.com. This recipe has a 4.14 star rating and has been reviewed 7 times
- Spinach, Shrimp, and Artichoke Dip Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network
Food Network invites you to try this Spinach, Shrimp, and Artichoke Dip recipe from Emeril Lagasse.
More Hubs on Dips
- Easy Shrimp Dip Recipes
Looking for a tasty seafood snack? Why not try making your own dip with one of these simple and delicious shrimp dip recipe ideas? Whether you're preparing an appetizer for a cocktail party or you want to...
- artichoke dip recipe
Artichoke dip recipe can be done in various ways such as Hot, Cheesy, Fat Free and of course a fast artichoke dip recipe. Enjoy, Cook, and Comment which is your favorite artichoke dip recipe. > ...
- 4 Easy Artichoke Dip Recipe Ideas
Looking for an easy and delicious dip recipe idea? Artichoke dip is a popular treat for any occasion, and you'll be pleasantly surprised to discover just how simple each of these recipes is to prepare. Any of...
- What are the Benefits of Artichoke
The plant is thought to have originated from northern Africa, in the Maghreb region where it still grows wild. Arabic traders brought the artichoke north in their travels and the name is derived from...
- A PUMPERNICKLE ARTICHOKE BREAD BOWL DIP
A PUMPERNICKLE ARTICHOKE BREAD BOWL DIP. (Ingredients) 1-large Round pumpernickel bread 1-package of...
- Free Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipes
I eat out fairly often. I've noticed that hot Spinach Artichoke Dip has become a hot appetizer item on many restaurant chain menus. (Pardon the pun.) And no wonder, Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip is delicious!...
- 21 Delicious Appetizer Recipes For Your Party
Whenever we host a party, we want our guests to have a memorable time and have loads of fun. We also want to impress our guests with unique and tantalizing creations that will make their mouths water, and...
Shrimp and Artichoke Dip on Foccia
Spinach and Artichoke Dip Recipe
Shrimp and Artichoke Dip
More by this Author
I made this recipe up after I had gone out to dinner one night and had the best appetizer ever! It was a sort of flat bread topped with mushrooms, spinach and feta cheese. When I asked the servers at the...
Nachos is a favorite for many people - for dinner or for a snack/appetizer. With this healthy recipe for Pork Tenderloin Nachos, you can eliminate the guilt of making nachos or eating them! This is a recipe that I...
In a tight economy, how much should you pay a pet sitter? It depends on many factors including what kind of pet, age of the pet, what the pet sitter has to do and even how far the pet sitter has to drive to take care...