Healthy Vegetarian Recipes: Eggplant marinated in chermoula
Eggplant Vegetarian Recipes: Eggplant marinated in Chermoula
Ingredients needed to make marinated eggplant in chermoula
What is Chermoula?
Chermoula is a moroccan condiment that is used in the flavoring of many vegetable recipes. It can be made as a marinade, and added before or after the vegetables are cooked. It is also used as a sauce to serve with vegetables. Works great to pour on top of vegetables or anything else that you can think of that sounds yummy.
Average Preparation Time:
30 minutes and 1 hour of refrigeration before serving.
- 2 medium eggplants (aubergines)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of ground pepper
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 oz. of lemon juice
- 3 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp of freshly chopped mint
- 1/2 cup (4 fluid oz) of olive oil
- Cut eggplants into 1/2 inch thick slices and lightly sprinkle salt as desired. Set aside for 30 minutes, then rinse and pat until dry.
- Brush the slices of eggplant generously with olive oil and cook under a preheated grill until they are golden brown in color. Both sides must be golden brown in color.
- To make the Eggplant Chermoula: Combine all the ingredients, add the eggplant and toss around. Cover and Refrigerate the tossed food for 1 hour and then serve at room temperature.
More Vegetarian Recipes for a healthy lifestyle
- Vegetarian Cooking Made Easy and the vegetarian lifestyle
discover vegetarian health benefits, vegetarian living, vegetarian cooking, meatfree diet
More by this Author
Bodybuilding tips that help you build lean muscle fast. Workout tips that increase muscle growth and the types of foods you should be eating in order to experience massive muscle gains.
A guide to choosing a silent aquarium filter that is both quiet and excellent at maintaining good water quality. Read this before you choose what type of aquarium filter you are going to buy.
A dietary guide to building bigger muscle on your arms and the lifestyle you should embrace if you want larger biceps and triceps. High protein diet and pre-workout supplements are key to growth.