Low Fat Chicken Recipes
Taste is everything
When it comes to eating healthy taste is everything. At least it is to me. If I need to give up some of my favorite foods (donuts, ice cream) I must have flavor in the foods I am eating.
There are ways of adding flavor to help make you feel that you are not doing without. Spices, herbs and condiments play a big part in my recipes. I couldn't do without them. In this small collection of recipes I have concentrated on chick and casseroles. These are great one dish meals. Either of these recipes are equally tasty made with chicken or turkey.
Try these recipes, you will be amazed at how good they are.
- 1 pkg. herb seasoned poultry dressing
- 2 pkgs. frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans low-fat, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 4 tbsp. low cholesterol margarine
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- butter flavored oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray 9" x 12" baking dish with butter flavored oil spray.
- Layer half of the poultry dressing, then layer all of the green beans, almonds and mushrooms.
- Layer chopped chicken.
- Mix soup and milk and pour over layers in casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the rest of the dressing on top.
- Melt butter in hot water and pour over the top.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Chicken Barbeque Casserole
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp salt substitute
pepper, to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
1 med. onion, chopped
1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small can tomato paste
1 cup water
2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar substitute
1 clove garlic, minced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray oil into a 9x13x2inch baking dish. Salt, pepper and garlic chicken and coat with flour. Bake covered in for 20 minutes.
While chicken is baking heat oil in medium fry pan. Saute green peppers and onions until onion becomes translucent. Ass mushrooms, celery, tomato paste, water, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar substitute, garlic and cilantro. Mix well
Remove chicken from oven. Pour mixture over chicken to marinate all day or over night in refrigerator.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake chicken for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
Leftover turkey can also be used in this recipe. Instead of baking for 20 minutes as you do with the raw chicken you simply place the turkey in baking dish and cover with vegetable mixture and marinate. The rest of the instructions are unchanged. This is a great recipe to prepare the night before. When you come home from a long day at work all you have to do is pop this dish in the oven and let it cook itself. This dish is great with brown rice or whole wheat noodles.
Benefits of Eating Chicken
- Chicken is a rich source of niacin. Niacin is a B vitamin that helps protect the body from cancer.
- It is a good source of phosporus which helps buile healthy bones and teeth.
- The niacin in chicken helps to protect the body from cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer's
- Selenium is found inabundant amounts in chicken. It is needed for thyroid hormone metabolism and for the overall well being of the body.
- Chicken is a good source of protein which is essential for growth and development.
- Chicken's high quality protein helps overweight people lose weight faster.
- The protein in chicken helps protect against bone loss in seniors.
Terrific Chicken Cookbook
- Amazingly Good Chicken Recipes
I repeat, I love chicken. Think about it. What's not to love? It is amazingly versatile. You can fry it, bake it, grill it, boil it, broil it, use it in soups, casseroles, stews, stir frys, and so many other ways it boggles the mind. I have...
- Super Delicious Orange Walnut Chicken Recipes
Orange Walnut Chicken is a sweet, tangy treat. Some believe it's a Chinese dish, others have no idea where this delicious dish got it's start. As close as I can tell it was first made in China. As it gained popularity in the different countries,...
- The best buffalo chicken dip recipe
There are so many recipes for buffalo chicken dip and today, you are about to get the best! How do I know it's the best? because I have been told over and over and over again. So lets stop wasting time and get...
- Alice Springs Chicken Recipe Made Easy
I love this Alice Springs Chicken Recipe because it has all the appeal of the delicious entree at Outback and it is simple to prepare. It was a favorite at our meal assembly kitchen!
- Weight Watchers Chicken Recipes - 5 Pts or Less!
Delicious easy-to-follow recipes for WW-Friendly Chicken Noodle Casserole, Chicken Kiev, Buffalo Chicken Strips, Quick Chicken Teriyaki, and Gourmet Chicken Dijon
- Easy Low-Fat Oven-Fried Chicken Recipes
Low fat ingredients and baking vs frying make these yummy chicken recipes a hit with your tastebuds and your waistline!
More by this Author
Cabbage, the oldest vegetable known, is not only delicious but healthy. It can be eaten cooked, raw, steamed and more ways than you can imagine.
Nothing makes a piece of chicken tastier than a good marinade. Be it sweet or tangy or even a combination of the two, you will find a marinade just for you.
Baby showers are fun and full of promise. A special gift at this time is especially appreciated.
No comments yet.