Healthy Orzo Salad
Healthy Orzo Salad
Everyone likes salads I know I sure do but I don't like to eat the same salad over and over all the time, that's why I like to put a twist on my salads with I'm fixing them and that's what I'm doing with this salad today.
When I started this salad it was going to be a tasty Greek salad but I had decided to add some Orzo to take it up a notch making It a Greek Orzo Salad, this recipe is really super simple to put together and the taste is so so good you just have to try this tasty delight so you can truly understand what I'm saying so come on and join me with making this great salad.
Greek Orzo Salad
- 7 ounces of dry orzo, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup of raisians
- 1/3 cup of black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup of red onions, thinly sliced
- 5 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup of pine nuts, toasted
- 3 tablepoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 bag of spinach leaves
- Combine pasta and next 8 ingredients (tomatoes through mint) in a large bowl.
- grate zest of the lemon over ingredients in a bowl. slice lemon then squeeze lemon juice to measure 2 tablespoons.
- Whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and stir gently to combine. Let stand 30 minutes for flavors to blend in very well
- place spinach leaves on the bottom of the plate and add the orzo salad for a great vegetarian entree, or you can top with your favorite chicken and or seafood.
More by this Author
Many people thinks that making a good Red Velvet cake takes a lot of work, but you can use a box mix with some good cream cheese and sour cream that will knock you off your feet, if you follow this quick and easy recipe...
No comments yet.